When you are working in your Art Print Store, you may find that a category your previously created doesn’t have any lead content in it or the name doesn’t quite fit the style of your website any longer. Fortunately, Art Storefronts allows you the ability to change this information at any point in time.
To learn how to edit basic information on a Category in an Art Print Store, please follow the directions below.
- Log in to your Art Storefronts Control Panel and click on the Art Print Store that contains the category you want to edit. We will be working in the Art Print Store titled Shop Art.
- On the next page, make sure you are on the tab labeled Categories & Products. This is the page that is going to allow you to work on your categories.
- Scroll down the page and click on the Category you want to edit. We’re going to be working on the category labeled Landscapes.
- Once you’ve clicked on the Category, you’ll need to find the button labeled Manage and click on it. This button is going to allow you to edit your chosen Category.
- After clicking on the button labeled Manage, you’ll see a drop-down menu with multiple options. You want to be sure to click on the option labeled Edit Category.
- You’ll be taken to a new page and on that page, and you need to make sure you are on the tab labeled Info. This is where you’ll be able to edit the basic information regarding your Category.
- You will see several options, but the first is Visibility. This can be set to Public or Private. If set to Public, it means that the Category will appear in your store. If set to Private, it means that the Category will not appear in the store. This does not take the page offline. It only means it cannot be accessed unless someone knows its exact URL.
- See In Search/Product Gallery is next. If you set this to on, it means that images in this category and the category itself will appear in searches or in Product Galleries on your website.
- Password Protect is the next box. In this section, you can enter a password for your page. When a customer navigates to it they will be asked for the password and if they don’t know it, they will not be able to access the page.
- Name is the following section. This is where you can change the name of your Category at any time. Please remember that this does appear on your website and your customers will see it. It is best to keep it simple and concise.
- Lead Content is the next item in the list. The content you insert here will go at the top of the page, just before the main content on the page. It should be used when you'd like to have some descriptive text before a form, or if you'd like to describe a certain category of products to someone who lands on that page. For form pages, specifically, you should include information here about what the form page is used for and, possibly, provide your business hours.
- Once you’ve made all your changes and you’re happy with the information you’ve input, click the button labeled Save. DO NOT CLICK THE BACK BUTTON. If you do anything other than save this page, you may lose every change you just made.