SEO is an integral part of any page on your Art Storefronts website. By making sure you have all your SEO filled out appropriately and according to best practices you increase your chances of ranking higher within Google. This will be especially important in gaining traction on your website and eventually making sales. This is one step on the way to success and we urge you to make sure you are fully filling out SEO information anywhere possible.
If you need information regarding SEO, there are several resources that ASF provides to you for free:
- Review our SEO Lessons
- Review our Blog posts on SEO
- Watch our SEO Webinar
- Start an SEO discussion on our Members Only Forum
If you’d like to learn more about how to enter SEO information for a Folder in an Art Print Store, please follow the directions below.
- Log in to your Art Storefronts Site Manager and click on the Art Print Store that contains the folder you want to edit. We will be working in the Art Print Store titled Warehouse.
- On the next page, make sure you are on the tab labeled Products. This is the page that is going to allow you to work on your folder.
- Scroll down the page and click on the Folder you want to edit. We’re going to be working on the folder labeled Abstract as an Example.
- Once you’ve clicked on the Folder, you’ll need to find the button labeled Manage & Edit and click on it. This button is going to allow you to edit your chosen Folder.
- After clicking on the button labeled Manage & Edit, you’ll see a drop-down menu with multiple options. You want to be sure to click on the option labeled Edit Folder.
- Click on the tab labeled SEO Options.
- The first box is your SEO Title. This will not show up on your live website, but will be included between the 'title' tags in the code of your web page. This feature is valuable for Search Engine Optimization and should include 3-5 keywords that people might search for to find this page. Be sure you are not duplicating your SEO titles on your site because this can lead to Google viewing pages as duplicate content and they may not get indexed properly.
- The second box is labeled Meta Keywords. Enter keywords here separated by a comma. This will not show up on your live website, but will be included in the code of your web page for Search Engine Optimization purposes. THESE KEYWORDS SHOULD NOT BE HYPHENATED.
- The third box is Meta Description. Enter 1-2 sentences here describing this web page. These will not show up on your live website, but will be included in the code of your web page for Search Engine Optimization purposes. Be sure you are not duplicating your Meta Descriptions on your site because this can lead to Google viewing pages as duplicate content and they may not get indexed properly.
- Smart URL is the final box. This will appear in the address bar of the browser, like the 'my-page' part in mydomain.com/my-page.
- Once you’ve entered information in each of these boxes and you are happy with your results, click the Save If you navigate away from this page and you do not save, all this information will be lost. DO NOT CLICK THE BACK BUTTON. If you click back, your information will not be saved.