As your business grows, you might find that your site also needs to grow. You may become a gallery as opposed to a single artist or you may find a second niche that you enjoy working in. Because of this, you may find that new categories or stores are needed. After creating them, you’ll possibly need to move your images to their new locations, but doing that one by one can be rough and reuploading them completely may be a large time sink. Instead, Art Storefronts provides you with a feature to easily accomplish the goal of moving images to a new category or Store.
If you want to learn how to move images to a new category or store, please follow the directions below.
- Log in to your Art Storefronts Control Panel and click on the Art Print Store you want to work in. We will be working in the Art Print Store titled Shop Art.
- Once you’re in your Art Print Store, find the tab labeled Categories & Products. It’s important to make sure you are working on this tab because this is where your images and categories are going to be stored.
- After making sure you’re in the right place, scroll down to the images you want to move to a new category or store and put a check-mark next to them in the small box.
- Next, find the section labeled Move Selected To. The first box is a drop-down menu and gives you the option to choose Another Category or Another Store. Choose one.
- Right below that there is another box. Depending on the option you previously chose, this box will change. If you chose Another Category you will have a drop-down menu listing all your categories as well as the section labeled No Category. If instead you chose Another Store, you will have a list of your Art Print Stores. Choose one.
- Once you’ve made your selections, click the button labeled Go.
- Your page will reload and if you scroll down and look, you will see that your images were moved.