Once you have an original uploaded into your Art Print Store, you may want to go in later and make changes to it. These changes could include a change of pricing or setting the item to no longer be for sale. Fortunately, you can edit and alter any of the information on the Original.
If you would like to learn how to edit originals in an Art Print Store, please follow the directions below.
- Log in to your Art Storefronts Control Panel and click on the Art Print Store that contains the Original that you would like to work on. We will be using the Art Print Store titled Shop Art.
- Make sure you are on the tab labeled Categories & Products. This is the tab that houses all your images and categories. It’s important for us to be on this tab so we can make sure we work on the appropriate image.
- Scroll down the page and find the image that you want to work on and click the button labeled Edit. This is going to allow us to begin editing our Original.
- On the next page, you’ll be presented with many tabs. You’ll need to make sure that you click on the appropriate tab. Be sure you click on the tab labeled Sell as Original.
- Once on the Sell Original tab, be sure you click on the button labeled Edit Original Art Product. This is going to take you to the page with all the information regarding the Original.
- After clicking that button, you’ll be taken to a new page. The first item on the page is labeled Go Back to Art Print Product. This can be clicked if you need to go back to the print itself rather than work on the Original.
- Next is Name. Here you can enter in a different name for your Original. It does not have to match the name of the print, but this will be seen by your customers.
- Then you have a slider labeled Can Be Purchased and this can be set to On or Off. If On, it means the Original will be for sale on your live site. If set to Off, this means that the original will still appear on the website, but it will have a message saying it is not for sale.
- Artist Name is where you can enter in the name of the artist who created the original piece of art.
- Item Code is next. This field is not required. You can use this as an area to enter a SKU number if you like.
- Size (WidthxHeight) is where you need to enter in the dimensions of your original. This will help the wall preview tool show this image correctly and it will also tell your customers what the size of the original is.
- Short Description is the next section. Here you can enter a brief description of your image. This is generally used for talking about where a photograph was taken or when a painting was completed. This should be one or two sentences long.
- Long Description is the following section. In this box, you can enter in a description of the image that is longer. You should use emotional language here to create a connection with your customers. These emotional connections may help you in making more sales on your website.
- Price is next. This is where you are going to want to enter in how much you are selling the original for. If you fail to input a price in this section, the original will still appear on your live site, but it will appear as Not For Sale.
- Then, there’s a section labeled Search Keywords. These keywords are ONLY used or on-site searches or with your Product Galleries. THESE KEYWORDS ARE NOT THE SAME AS META KEYWORDS AND THEY WILL NO EFFECT GOOGLE SEARCHES OR YOUR GOOGLE SEARCH RANKING. To learn more about using this keywords section, please review our articles How To: Display Product Correctly on your Home Page, How To: Set Up Categories Properly for your Home Page and How To: Add Search Keywords to Images in an Art Print Store.
- The following box is labeled Shipping Weight. If you intend to charge shipping for your originals based on their weight, you absolutely must enter a value in this box. If you calculate shipping based on weight and you leave this box empty, you will effectively be giving your customer free shipping. If you are charging shipping based off a cart subtotal, this box does not need a value.
- Next is the button labeled Add Photos. You will need to click on this button
Please Note: When you create an Original, it does not automatically have an image uploaded with it. You need to go in and upload images for the item. You can upload several images, though we suggest limiting it to three or four. None of these images can be over 5mb. If they are over the limit they will not upload.
- Find the images you want to upload and click on it.
- Then, click the button labeled Open.
- Your photos will be uploaded to the original and will display on the live site.
- Once you’ve made all your changes and you are happy with them, click the Save DO NOT CLICK THE BACK BUTTON. If you click the back button, all the work you just completed will be lost.