Like any business, it's always important to properly manage your customers' expectations. One of the most important expectations to manage with eCommerce is when the customer's order will arrive. With Art Storefronts, you can easily manage customer expectations by using the shipping statuses we provide in your Orders page. Each time you change the shipping status, the change prompts an email to be sent to your customer updating them with information on their order. To learn how to change or set order statuses, please follow the directions below.
- Log in to your Art Storefronts Site Manager and in the Jump To Menu, in the upper right hand corner of the screen, select Orders.
- Next, find the order you need to update the status on and under the section labeled Status, click on the dropdown menu and select the status you want to use and Art storefronts will Automatically save it for you.
- Not Shipped: By default, all orders are in this status.
- Processing: Choose this status when you are working on the order for the customer.
- Packed: Choose this status after you've packed the order and it's ready to ship.
- Shipped: Choose this status when the order has successfully shipped.
- Ready for Pickup: Choose this status when the order is ready to be picked up.
Please Note: This is meant for orders where the customer chose to pick up the order instead of having it shipped.
- Picked Up: Choose this status when the order has already been picked up.