- Introduction and Preparation
- Upload the high resolution image to Extra Files
- Add the Low Resolution Image as a Product
Introduction and Preparation
You may find that you wish to sell digital downloads to your customers.
If you want to provide a free file for your customers please go here: How To: Offer a Free Download on Your Site
This works best if you have two images of the same item but with different resolutions:
- First Image is a high resolution image that will be downloaded by your customer. For example:
- The second image should be a low resolution image to be used for display on your website:
Upload the high resolution image to Extra Files
- Navigate to your Art Storefronts Site Manager and go to the Jump to: and choose Extra Files.
- You will be taken to another page where you can add some Extra Files. For you to add the image, click on ADD PHOTOS.
- This will initiate your file browser. Please choose your high resolution image and click on Open.
- Your new image will be uploaded in the section
- Once your image is uploaded, click on copy url.
Add the Low Resolution Image as a Product
- The next step will be to add the image as a downloadable image in one of your products. We will go back to the Jump to section and choose Site Manager.
- The next step will be to set-up the image as a product for purchase. For the purposes of this tutorial, we are going to use a Standard Store named Warehouse - Originals, Limited Editions & Standard Products.
- We are going to create a new product so you can click on + ADD PRODUCTS.
- For the purpose of this tutorial, we are going to name the product Nikon and we are going to use the Standard Product as the product type. After filling that in, click on the save button.
- You will be taken to the next page where we can upload the product image. Please click on + ADD PHOTOS.
- This will initiate your file browser. Please choose your low resolution image and click on Open.
- Next, you can fill in the necessary fields in the Info tab of the product. Scroll down until you find Description Within Order Emails.
- Here you can choose:
- Custom Description Only - This will ONLY display your custom description
- Custom Description Above Default - Your custom description will appear above the current product attributes that your customer chooses
- Custom Description Below Default - Your custom description will appear above the current product attributes that your customer chooses
For the purpose of this tutorial, we are going to use Custom Description Below Default as an example.
- Next, we are going to add a short description. In this case we added, Thank you for the purchase, Here is your download link >> Download Here.
- Next, we are going to add a link to the “Download Here” part of the text to point to our high resolution image. Please find out more about it here: How To: Create Links Using Text in the Standard Editor
- Since we have the download link added to the product, the last step would be to add a price to your product and save the changes:
- Lastly, if a customer comes to your site and makes a purchase, they’ll have the download link in their order receipt and here is a sample: