On the art Storefronts platform, we provide our customers with the ability to Sell Art Walls. Art Walls are what we call panel art and can include diptychs, triptychs, and other polyptych art. We find that it is a best practice to offer these types of items on your website because it provides your customers with more options and these items are extraordinarily eye-catching. You can turn the sale of one item into a total of three. You can read more about Art Walls in our blog post Introducing the Multi-Panel Art Wall.
If you want to learn how to offer Art Walls, please follow the directions below.
- Before you begin working on uploading an Art Wall to your website, you need to make sure that you’re creating a Transparent PNG file with your images laid out exactly as you would like them to appear on your website.
Tip: In PhotoShop, you’re going to want to add drop shadows to your image to make sure it looks dynamic as opposed to looking flat. If you need more information on adding drop-shadows in PhotoShop, please check out How To: Add Drop Shadows in PhotoShop.
- After you’ve created your image in PhotoShop, you’ll need to start working on your Art Storefronts website. Navigate to your Art Storefronts Control Panel and click on the Standard Store you want to work in. We will be working in the Standard Store titled Shop Standard Products.
Tip: We strongly recommend you create a brand new Standard Store (How To: Create a Standard Store) for these types of items. You should name it Art Walls! Say for example a customer sees a piece on your site and she’s going to purchase it. She goes through the checkout process in your Art Print Store and then moves along. But imagine if she says a link to that same piece of Art, split into panels! She can buy that exact same image, thoughtfully split into 3 panels. It's modern, it unique, it fills up a wall space with elegance and style. She decides to buy it. To you, one canvas print just turned into three. In that simple turn of events, a $400 sale just parlayed into a $1,200 sale.
- In the Standard Store, you need to make sure you are on the tab labeled Categories & Products. This is the tab that is going to allow us to create an Art Wall to the Standard Store.
- After making sure you’re on the Categories & Products tab, you need to make sure that you click on the button labeled +Add Product. This is going to allow us to create the Art Wall.
- On the next page, there will be two fields. The first field is labeled Type of Product. Here, make sure you select the option labeled Polyptych Art Product. This will ensure that we are able to use this item for our Art Wall.
Please Note: Art Walls are subject to Transaction Fees.
- After that, there is a section labeled Name. In this box, you need to make sure you enter in a clear and concise name. It’s important to remember that your customer will see this name, so make sure it matches your aesthetic.
- After you’ve selected the appropriate option and you’ve entered in an appropriate name, you need to click on the button labeled DO NOT CLICK THE BACK BUTTON. If you click the back button, you will lose all the changes you made and the product will not be created.
- After you’ve clicked the Save button, you’ll be taken to another new page. This is the actual Art Wall You should make sure, before anything else, that you are on the tab labeled Info. This tab will allow you to work on the basics of your Art Wall.
- After making sure you are on the tab labeled Info, you can scroll down and the first box you will see is labeled Name. In this box, you can change the name of your Art Wall at any point in time. Remember that your customer does see this name.
- Next, there’s a section labeled Quantity. This box is where you can set the number of Art Walls you have available for sell. As customers buy Art Walls this counter will automatically adjust the quantity left in stock. When there are no Art Walls left it will show as Sold on the website. For more information about this section, please review our article How To: Use Inventory Enforcement.
Please Note: For Art Walls, this field will always default to 1000. If you do not have 1000 Art Walls available for sale, you will need to make sure to change this number.
- Then, we have the section labeled Artist Name. Here you can enter in the name of the Artist who created the Art Wall. This will appear on your website.
- The Item Code section is up next. This is not a required field and it will not be seen on your website by customers. This can be used for things like SKU numbers or internal information that you simply do not want your customers to see.
- We’ve got the section labeled Wall Preview Size Controls up next. The first option listed is Quantity of Wall Preview Sizes and you are given a drop-down menu where you can choose whether you want to offer a single size for you Art Wall or Multiple Sizes for your Art Walls.
Please Note: If you choose Multiple Sizes, there will be further work involved. You will have to create a Product Option for your Art Wall. If you want more information regarding this feature, please review our article How To: Offer Multiple Sizes for a Product in a Standard Store.
- Because this is an Art Wall, we chose the single Size option and in the next box, labeled Single Size, you will need to enter in the size that you will be offering the Art Wall
Tip: All sizes entered on the ASF platform need to be in a Width x Height format.
- After that, there’s a box labeled Short Description where you can enter a brief description of the Art Wall. You can enter in information like what type of medium and implements you used to create the original product.
- Then, we have a box labeled Long Description. This is where you’ll want to enter a longer description regarding your image. We suggest using phrases and explanations here that evoke an emotional response from our customer. This may aid you in getting more conversions (read: sales).
- Price is the next box you will see. Here you can enter in the cost for the Art Wall. You need to make sure that the price you enter here does not include a dollar sign or other special characters.
Tip: You can change this price at any point in time.
- Search Keywords is the next box. THESE ARE NOT THE SAME AS META KEYWORDS. THESE KEYWORDS HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH APPEARING IN GOOGLE SEARCHES. These keywords are used specifically to make sure your Art Walls appear in your ASF site Search and in your Product Galleries.
Please Note: For more information on how to use Search Keywords to make sure you Art Walls show up in Product Galleries on your homepage, please review our article [Master Article][For All Artists and Galleries] How To: Set Up you Home Page as a Gallery of Subject Matter Categories.
- Shipping Weight is the next box available. If you are charging for shipping based on weight, you will need to use this box. You will have to enter in a weight, but you need to make sure you are not using anything other than numbers in this box. You cannot use abbreviations like "lbs" or "kg".
Please Note: If you need more information about setting up Shipping, you can review our article How To: Set Up Shipping Prices by Weight.
- The final item is labeled Add Photo. You can use this button to upload images of the Art Wall that you are selling. We recommend only using 3-5 images. Anything larger may slow your site down.
Please Note: You may only upload images up to 5mb Anything larger will not upload.
- Once you’ve filled out everything you need to click the button labeled Save. DO NOT CLICK THE BACK BUTTON. If you click the back button you will lose all the changes you just made.