While working on your Art Storefronts site, you may find that you performed some contact tests on your site so you have a few duplicates or incorrect e-mail addresses. Fortunately, though, Art Storefronts provides you with the ability to mass delete contacts with ease.
If you want to learn how to bulk delete contacts, please follow the directions below.
- Log in to your Art Storefronts Control Panel and in the Jump To Menu, select the option labeled Contacts.
- You’re going to be taken to a new page where you will see a list of your contacts. You’ll need to find the button labeled Download Contacts.
- A pop-up will appear asking you for a few pieces of information. The first is a Date Range. Select the date range you want to pull contacts from.
- Then, select which Download Option you want to use.
- Click the Export.
- You’ll then be greeted with a message telling you that the files will be e-mailed to you. Click OK.
- You then need to check your e-mail and click on the link labeled Click Here to Download your File.
- After the download completes. Click on it so it will open.
- Once your list of contacts is open, you need to add a column with the title labeled delete (all in lower case).
- Once that column has been created, you’ll need to go through the contacts and in the column, you just created, labeled delete, put the word Yes next to the contacts that you want deleted.
Warning: If you use this feature and delete a contact without meaning to, that contact will be lost and in order to recover it you will have to reimport the data that you previously downloaded. Also, when you delete contacts without meaning to, all order history and favourites that the specified customer chose will be lost forever. This data CANNOT be recovered.
- Save the changes you made to this document. We recommend using a name different than the name the file was downloaded with. This will keep things easy to read and will ensure that you will not overwrite the original file.
- Return to your Art Storefronts site and in that Contacts section, click the button labeled Import Contacts.
- A pop-up will appear asking if you are sure you want to import the data and you need to click Ok.