Like any business, you may find that you want to offer your customers the option of purchasing gift cards for their friends and loved ones. Art Storefronts recently implemented a feature to allow you to do and avoid charging shipping or taxes on the gift card. To learn more, please follow the guide below.
- Log in to your Art Storefronts Control Panel and click on the Standard Store where you’ll be offering gift certificates/cards. Our Standard Store is named Gift Certificates.
- Next, click on Add a Product.
- For the Type of Product, be sure to choose Standard Product.
- Then, provide the item a Name. We’ll be calling ours $50 Gift Card.
- Click Save.
- You may fill out any of the necessary information next like the Item Description and Price.
- Once that’s done, find the section labeled Shipping Weight and make sure is says 0.
- Under Include In Shipping Calculation, make sure the slider is set to No.
Please Note: You MUST have shipping by weight set up on your website in order for this function to work. If you are using flat rate shipping, this is not going to work properly.
If there are other products in a shopping cart that do charge shipping, the appropriate shipping amount for those items will be applied.
If this product is used with a coupon that is set to NOT apply automatically, keep in mind that the amount of this product will still be used to calculate the total discount of the cart. The discount that is applied to the cart, partially as a result of this product, will be used to calculate the subtotal of the cart after the discount. If you are calculating shipping based on the cart subtotal, this is always based on the subtotal of the shopping cart, less the total discount, less the total amount of the products that are not included in the shipping calculation.
- Under Include In Tax Calculation, make sure the slider is set to Off if you do not want to charge taxes on non-taxable items like Gift Cards.
Please Note: If there are other products in a shopping cart that do charge tax, the appropriate tax amount for those items will be applied.
If this product is used with a coupon that is (1) set to NOT apply automatically and (2) is based on the cart subtotal, there will be a discount applied to the shopping cart in general. The tax amount of the cart is always based on the subtotal of the shopping cart, less the total discount, less the total amount of the products that are not included in the tax calculation.
- If you have an image for your Gift Card/Certificate, you can add it but clicking the Add Photo button.
- Once everything is correct and your are satisfied with your changes, click Save. Gift Cards/Certificates will now be available on your website!