The Facebook pixel is an analytics tool that allows you to measure the effectiveness of your advertising by understanding the actions people take on your website. You can use pixel data to:
- Make sure your ads are being shown to the right people
- Build advertising audiences
- Unlock additional Facebook advertising tools
When someone visits your website and takes an action (like completing a purchase), the Facebook pixel is triggered and reports this action. This way, you'll know when a customer takes an action, and will be able to reach that customer again through future Facebook ads.
If you want to learn how to install the Facebook Remarketing Pixel, please follow the directions below.
- Navigate to your Facebook Ad Manager. This is where we’re going to be able to work on creating the Facebook Pixel. When you’re in the Ad Manager, click on the option in the upper left hand corner labeled Ads Manager.
- After you’ve clicked on the album labeled Ads Manager, there’s an item labeled Pixel. We need to click on Pixels because this is going to allow us to work on our Facebook Pixels. This is where we’re going to be able to create and manage our Facebook Pixel.
- You’ll be taken to a new page and on that page, if you’ve never created a Facebook Pixel, you will see a green button labeled Create a Pixel. You’ll need to click on this because it is going to allow you to create your Pixel.
- A new, little window will pop up and the first item you should look at is labeled Pixel Name. Here you will see that Facebook has name the Pixel for you and you’re going to need to be sure to click on the button labeled Create so you can create your Pixel.
- After you have created the Pixel you’ll be taken to another page that offers you multiple options. The option we need to choose is labeled Manually Install the Code Yourself. This is going to allow you to obtain the code for your Pixel so you can install it on your website.
- Scroll down the next page until you find Step 2 which tells you to copy the code and install it. In the box, you will see a goodly amount of code that you will need to copy. This is what will allow your Pixel to be installed on your site.
- From here, navigate to your Art Storefronts Control Panel and once you are there, be sure to click on the tab labeled Info & Settings. This is going to allow us to navigate to the appropriate area to install the Pixel Code.
- After clicking on the appropriate tab, you will then need to find the tab labeled Scripts because this is where we are going to be able to paste the Facebook Pixel Code.
- Once you’re on the Scripts tab, there’s a section labeled Head. In this Head box, you’ll need to go ahead and paste the Facebook Pixel code that you have already copied.
- Once you past the code in the Head box, click the button labeled Save. DO NOT CLICK THE BACK BUTTON. If you click the back button you will lose all your progress.