After you have set up your account with Stripe, you’re going to need to activate the account. If you don’t activate the account, you won’t be able to accept payments from your customers. The process is simple and it can be done before or after you have set up Stripe as your payment gateway.
If you want to learn how to activate your Stripe account, please follow the directions below.
- Navigate to Stripe and click on the button labeled Sign In. This is going to allow us to log in to our Stripe account which will be necessary in the process of verifying your Stripe account.
- On the next page, you will see a field where you can enter your e-mail address for Stripe. Enter the e-mail address you chose to use with your Stripe account.
- Then, in the box below that, enter in the password that you created for use with your Stripe account.
- When you’re sure that your Username and Password are entered in and they are correct, click on the button labeled Sign In to your Account. This button will get you logged in to your Stripe account.
- After you’ve logged in, you will be taken to the Stripe On the left-hand side, there is a list of information available to you. You need to find the option labeled Activate Your Account and click on it. This is how we’re going to make sure that the account is active and ready for use.
- In this section, you can choose to click the button to Resend your Verification E-mail. If you did not receive a verification e-mail when you created your account or you have lost it, click this button.
- After you’ve done this, navigate to your e-mail program and in your Inbox, find the e-mail from Stripe and click on it. This e-mail will help us activate our account.
- Your e-mail will open and right at the top, you should see a button labeled Confirm E-mail Address. We need to click on this button because this is exactly what will activate your Stripe account.
- Clicking on that button is going to take you to a new page where you will be asked to enter your Password. Do so and make sure that it is correct.
- After you’ve entered your Password, click on the button labeled Confirm your Email.
- Then, you’re going to be asked to confirm you aren’t a robot. Put a check mark in the box labeled I’m Not a Robot.
- After you’ve confirmed you aren’t a robot, you will automatically be taken back to the dashboard and on the left-hand side you need to click on the item labeled Activate Your Account.
- You’re going to be shown a page that requires you to enter in sensitive information such as your bank account. You need to fill all of this out to the best of your ability. If you have questions about this, you will need to reach out to Stripe. Art Storefronts cannot offer assistance or explanations for the information Stripe is requesting here.
- After you have entered in all that information, click on the button labeled Activate Account.
- You will then be returned to the Dashboard. From here, on the left-hand side, click on the option labeled Business Settings.
- On the next page, look and find the section labeled Account Verification. This should likely say Unverified and there is a button labeled Verify Now. Click on the Verify Now
Warning: If you fail to complete this, your Stripe account will not accept payments from the ASF site.
- A new tab will be opened and there will be a box where you need to enter in a Mobile Phone This is required because it is going to send a text message to you with an activation code.
- After you’ve entered your telephone number, click the button labeled Send Code.
- You’re going to be taken to another new page where you will need to enter in the 6-digit code that Stripe sent to you.
- After you have entered the code and you are sure it is correct, click the button labeled Verify Number. This will verify your account and make it ready for use with your Art Storefronts site.