Automated Fulfillment Artist Set-Up Guide
About This Guide
This Setup Guide is intended to quickly assist you in getting up to speed on the various pages and features that Art Storefronts has deemed vital to your success. If you follow this guide and read all of the included supporting articles, you should be well on your way to achieving success with our platform.
We believe in your success is because Art Storefronts allows you to leverage data and insights from previous and current users. This should allow you to launch your website and maximize your success efficiently.
Art Storefronts offers many options for reaching out to their support department. For more information, see our list below or bookmark this link: Get the Most out of Art Storefronts
- Support Hours and Response Time: Support is available Monday through Friday, from 8:30 am CST to 5:30 pm CST (barring national holidays such as Christmas or American Thanksgiving).
- After a support request has been received, customers will receive a response within one (1) business day.
- Self-Service: You can find answers and guides for almost everything on our platform within our Knowledge Base.
- Ticket Support: Art Storefronts provides Technical assistance via tickets for its customers. If you need to contact Art Storefronts via e-mail, you can send questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or see our article How To: Get Help And Contact Support.
- Phone Support: Art Storefronts does not offer inbound telephone support at this time. However, we do offer, scheduled 30 Minute Question and Answer calls.
- Chat Support: Art Storefronts has implemented a Live Chat feature that our customers have the option of using. Chat is available Monday through Friday from 9 am CST to 5 pm CST. For more information on chat, please see our article How To: Start A Live Support Chat.
Logging In To Your Site
If you forget how to log in to your site, we have included steps below that will guide you through the process.
- Navigate to artstorefronts.com and click on the button labeled Log In.
- On the next page, enter your Username. Please remember that your Username is case sensitive. If your Username was created with capital letters when you and the sales agent created it, you would need to make sure those same letters are capitalized when entering it.
- Next, enter your Password. This item is also case sensitive. If you’ve never logged in before, your default password is Password1.
- Click Log In.
- You’ll then be logged in to your account. The first thing you want to do is click on the button labeled Account at the top of the page and in the Password field, change your password to something more secure and click Update Account.
- After changing your password, click on the button labeled My Websites.
- From there, click on the button labeled Edit Site and you’ll be able to start working on your website!
- If you hit any snags, have forgotten your Username or Password or simply cannot get logged in, please e-mail email@example.com and one of our agents will happily help you out!
Before You Start
Before you start building out your website, there are a few things you may want to read over. These articles are going to teach you about image sizing, speeding up uploading your images and many other topics. We’ve included a list for you below.
- Site Planning: What Kind of Art Are You Selling?
- This article will assist you with figuring out the set up for your website based on the types of products you’re going to be selling. We also cover some scenarios to show you how you might set your store up.
- Everything You Need To Know About Uploaded Images
- This article is going to educate you on the types of images that can be uploaded to your Art Storefronts Art Print Store. It will also instruct you on the sizes that your images will be displayed in on your Live Site. Finally, it will even cover the maximum upload size at which you can upload your images.
- Learn: How Sizes are Calculated in an Art Print Store
- This article will teach you how to calculate the sizes at which the images you upload will be displayed. We have provided a formula that you can use to determine what size images will be offered based on the dimensions of the image you upload.
- How To: Expedite your Upload Process using Image Metadata
- This article will walk you through how to implement image metadata to your images before they are uploaded to your site. This will save you time when filling out your SEO information.
Art Print Store
This is going to be the most critical part of your website and likely one that takes the longest to set up. This is where you’re going to upload all of the images you want to sell. You can think of this as your warehouse because you’re storing all of your art here! We have many excellent articles about Art Print Stores. To simplify this process for you, we’ve included the link to an article below that will guide you through setting up your store.
- How To: Set Up an Art Print Store
- This article contains every article you will need to get your Art Print Store up and running correctly. You will need to make sure that you are only completing the steps required for those who are Self-Fulfilling. Anything labeled Automated Fulfillment is not something that will apply to you.
Your home page is going to be the next most important part of your Art Storefronts site. This is going to be the page that most of your customers will be landing on. Because of this, you’re going to want to make sure that your homepage has a set of categories that your customers will be able to click through. You want to make sure that these are concise and to the point. The reason behind this is that customers spend about 3 seconds on a page before navigating away. You’re going to want to make things as easy to find as possible. Below we’ll provide several articles and blog posts about how to set your homepage up accurately and why it is crucial.
- Site Optimization Lesson 1- Your Homepage should be a Gallery of Subject Matter Categories
- This blog post will explain the why behind having your home page as a gallery of subject matter categories. One of the most important things to take away from this post is going to be: DO NOT USE A BILLBOARD/SLIDESHOW UNLESS IT IS HEIGHT REDUCED. We want your galleries to be the center of attention! Not pushed down.
- How To: Set Up your Home Page Correctly
- This article is going to walk you through the specific method of setting up your home page correctly. It is essential that you spend some quality time with this process. There are many steps in multiple areas of the website that you have to complete. Please take your time and if at any point you need help, reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org, and one of our agents will happily assist you.
If you don’t have a logo, savvy consumers will question the overall legitimacy of your business and will have a hard time buying from you. Investing in a logo will make you look like a professional, trustworthy operation. We’ve included an article below regarding Logos.
- How To: Upload your Logo
The footer is the bottom section of each page that displays relevant contact, copyright, and other information. We’ve included an article below on how to use your Footer.
- How To: Edit your Footer
- This article will walk you through how to add information to your Footer.
Payment Gateways will prove to be incredibly vital for you. You have to have a payment gateway setup to accept funds from customers for sales on your website. If you don’t set one of these gateways up, you can’t take funds from customers and in turn cannot make sales. We also strongly encourage everyone to make a test transaction on their site instead of waiting for a customer to report an issue. We’ve included several articles below to help you with this.
- How To: Set Up and use Payment Gateways
- This article provides you with a list of Payment Gateways that are offered on Art Storefronts. Each of them will have a walkthrough on how to set them up
- How To: Run a Test Transaction on your Site
- Before a customer makes a purchase on your site and runs into an issue, we strongly recommend that you make a test transaction on your website. This will give you a better idea of what your customer sees and it will allow you to make sure that your gateway is working perfectly.
Tax Methods - (Only if you are fulfilling anything yourself)
You need to create Tax Methods for your website. Art Storefronts cannot advise you on what Tax Methods you need to use. Taxes are entirely dependent upon where you live and what laws are in place. We would suggest reaching out to a CPA in your area or your local tax office. Below we’ve included an article on setting up taxes.
- How To: Set Up Taxes
- This article will walk you through multiple different ways of setting up taxes on your site. You can choose to charge taxes based on country or based on state/province.
Shipping Methods - (Only if you are fulfilling anything yourself)
Shipping costs are an essential part of any business that is selling and shipping out goods. Your site should be no different. Before you open for business officially, you’re going to need to make sure that you’ve set up some shipping options.
- This article will walk you through some different shipping scenarios. You can set shipping based on a cart subtotal or weight. You can also choose to set up free shipping or an in-store pick-up option.
One of the next steps you want to take is connecting your custom domain to your Art Storefronts site. If you do not have a custom domain, we strongly suggest purchasing a domain with GoDaddy for use with your Art Storefronts website. We’ve included some helpful links below.
- How To: Set Up Custom Domains
- This article lists all of the registrars we have worked with before and our Custom Domain article that can be used should you be using a company we are unfamiliar with.
Lead Capture Tool
The Lead Capture tool allows you to quickly create a popup that appears when a new user navigates to your site. With it, you can enable discount coupons while also growing your newsletter subscriber list. It broadens your audience and allows you to gain traction faster than ever. This tool is a remarkable add-on we offer our Artists using the Artisan Plan. If you would like to upgrade your plan, contact Customer Success by emailing email@example.com.
- Built-In Lead Capture Tool
- This blog article is an excellent introduction to the Lead Capture tool and how it can be used to get conversions.
- How To: Set Up the Lead Capture Tool
- This article will walk you through the process of setting up a popup on your website to capture email addresses from your customers. This will also allow you to give them a coupon code.
- How To: Use and Implement Coupons
- Once you’ve set up your Lead Capture tool, you will have to create the coupon code that you are giving out to your customers.
Your Social Media
Social Media is vital to any successful business in today’s world. To expand your reach, you need to allow your visitors to cross between your social media and your website!
- How To: Set Up your Social Media Icons
- This article walks you through adding your social media links to your site, so they are associated with those social media icons. It will also walk you through how to remove the icons if you do not use a specific social media platform.
You are now almost entirely ready for your site to be considered live and open for business! These last few items are things we suggest that are going to help you out in the long run and position you to be successful.
The Site Auditor is a powerful feature for our customers to use. The Site Auditor allows Artists to review a list of our best practices and show whether or not you have completed specific best practices. These are incredibly important in helping gain traction and conversions for your site.
- Announcing the Site Auditor
- This blog post will tell you about our Site Auditor feature and why it is important. It’s a great idea to read over this to understand why this tool is crucial for you.
- Everything You Need To Know About the Site Auditor
- This article shows you how to navigate to your Site Auditor via your website.
The Success Plan is a comprehensive, step-by-step checklist to help our clients launch quickly and efficiently. This tool is meant to help generate traffic and orders from potential customers as soon as possible.
To compile this list, we have spent countless hours analyzing data and feedback from our existing client base. The more we interacted with our clients, the better the Success Plan became.
This plan provides necessary steps that will lead to more sales. Because of this, it is the fastest and easiest way to generate revenue on the Art Storefronts platform.
The more we interact with our customers and listen to the pain points they have in their businesses the more we realize how many of the necessary steps that are not being taken.
If you find you’re having a hard time launching or you’re overwhelmed, stuck in the details, or are delaying you can take a step back and follow the Success Plan. If you’re already successful, this can augment and amplify your success.
- The ASF Success Plan
- This blog post covers what our Success Plan is and why it is essential to our customers and how it is going to be helpful to them.
- Everything You Need To Know About the Success Plan
- This article will show you how to access the Success Plan on your site.
- Technical Site Audit
- The above link is not to an article but instead to an e-mail address. Once you think your website is ready to go Live and accept customers, you can e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and have them review your site to make sure that all of the technical pieces of it are working correctly and there will be no technical issues.
Now You've Gone Live!
You’ve reached the end of the Set-Up Guide! Your site is live and now is the time to focus on marketing! Make sure you’re also subscribed to the Art Marketing Calendar! This is content put together by our marketing experts which will guide you in the appropriate direction for upcoming holidays or occasions when you can maximize your sales. If you’re signed up for our marketing newsletter, you’ll get the Art Marketing calendar as well.
Finally, check out our marketing webinars! We like to call these Art Storefronts Office Hours, and these focus 100% on marketing and how to help you! We do them live so you can ask questions and we even record them so you can watch them later.
Finally, from the entire Customer Success Team, we want to say that we are ecstatic to have you as part of the Art Storefronts Family! We look forward to all of your success, and if you ever need anything, please e-mail email@example.com!