Automated Fulfillment Quick Launch Guide
About this Guide
This Setup Guide is intended to quickly assist you in getting up to speed on the various pages and features that Art Storefronts has deemed vital to your success. If you follow this guide and read all of the included supporting articles, you should be well on your way to achieving success with our platform.
We believe in your success is because Art Storefronts allows you to leverage data and insights from previous and current users. This should allow you to launch your website and maximize your success efficiently.
Art Storefronts offers various options for reaching out to their Support team. For more information you can review the list below or bookmark our article: How To: Get the Most out of Art Storefronts.
BEFORE GETTING STARTED: Please be aware that our Support Hours are Monday to Friday from 8:30am (Central Time) to 5:30pm (Central Time).
- Ticket Support: If you find yourself in need of assistance with your Gallery, you may submit a support ticket at any point in time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or reviewing our article How To: Get Help and Contact Support.
- Chat Support: If you find you need assistance between 9:00 am (Central Time) and 5:00pm (Central Time), you have to option of starting a Support Chat. If you aren’t sure how to start a Support Chat, please check out How To: Start a Live Support Chat.
- Phone Support: Art Storefronts does not offer Inbound Phone Support at this time. However, we do provide our customers with the ability to schedule a free 30-minute telephone call with Technical Support, once a day. If you’d like to learn how you can schedule a call, please read over How To: Schedule a Phone Call with Support.
- Technical Self Service: If you prefer to try and figure out a solution to a problem before reaching out to Support, we strongly suggest using our Knowledgebase.
- Marketing Self Service: If you’re looking for assistance with marketing, we have the Art Marketing Calendar, the Blog, Office Hours, and our Podcasts. You should also request access to our Facebook Group: Small Wins.
To start working on your Gallery, you want to first make sure you are logged in to your website. You received an email containing your Username and Default Password. If you want to learn more about logging in, you can review How To: Login to your Art Storefronts Account.
If you encounter any issues with logging in, please immediately reach out to email@example.com so we can help you log in and resolve any issues you may be having.
Building your Gallery
Before You Start
Before you begin building your Online Gallery, there are a few things you may want to read over. This information will prove invaluable as it teaches you about sizing, minimizing upload time and effort, and helping you make important decisions about the direction of your Online Gallery.
- Site Planning Lesson: What Kind of Art are you Selling?
- If you need help understanding what the best set-up for your Online Gallery is going to be, this article is for you. It also covers a few different scenarios to show you how you may want to set your Online Gallery Up.
- Everything you Need to Know about Uploaded Images
- Here, we educate you on the types of images that can be uploaded to your Online Gallery. This article covers how large images will be displayed on the gallery as well as the maximum upload size offered on ASF.
- Learn: How Sizes are Calculated in an Art Print Store
- You’ll want to start in the section labeled Calculating Sizes when you are using Automated Fulfillment. Here we’ll teach you how to calculate the maximum size an image can be offered at in your Gallery. We provide a formula that can be used to determine the maximum printable area of a print based on the dimensions of the uploaded image.
- How To: Expedite your Upload Process using Image Metadata
- To try and minimize the amount of time you spend adding SEO information to prints you’ll want to make sure they’re uploaded with metadata. In this article, we show you how to edit metadata in Photoshop. This will save you time in the long run.
- Basic Quick Launch: Automated Fulfillment
- If you want to familiarize yourself with the platform and learn a little more about setting up your gallery, you will want to watch our Quick Launch Video. This will visually show you the basics of setting up your website so you can launch rapidly.
Art Print Store
Working in your Art Print Store and making sure it is set up properly is going to be one of the most important pieces in getting your Online Gallery up and running. This will take the longest amount of time because you’ll be uploading all your images that you would like to sell as prints here.
Think of this page as your warehouse. This is where all of your Art will be stored and is a behind the scenes type of area. This is your behind the counter area with the sign that says Employees Only.
To learn about getting the store portion completely set up, please review the following index:
- How To: Set Up an Art Print Store.
- This index contains a number of articles, in the order you need to complete them, that teach you how to alter and use your Art Print Store in the most efficient and correct way.
After you’ve completed the work on your art Print Store, the second most important part of any well-functioning Online Gallery is the home page. This setup will be crucial in making sure potential customers can easily find everything they are looking for in a timely and logical manner.
Art Storefronts suggests having your Home Page set up as a gallery of subject matter categories that potential customers can click through. These categories should be clear and to the point because most customers only spend around three (3) seconds on a page before navigating away.
To help get your Gallery Home Page set up properly, you’ll first want to review the following articles:
- Site Optimization Lesson 1- Your Home Page Should be a Gallery of Subject Matter Categories
- Our blog post explains the why behind having your homepage setup as a gallery of subject matter categories. One of the most important takeaways from this post is that you SHOULD NOT USE BILLBOARDS. We want the categories with Art in them to be the focal point!
- How To: Set Up your Home Page as a Gallery of Subject Matter Categories
- This is an index contains several articles that will walk you through all the facets of setting up your gallery’s home page correctly. It is essential that you spend quality time with this process because there are multiple steps that must be completed. Please take you time here and if you encounter any issues or have any questions, simply email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Depending on the state or country you live in, you may be required to implement taxes on your website. Art Storefronts can show you how the Tax System on Art Storefronts works. However, Art Storefronts CANNOT advise you on what Tax Methods you should be using. Taxes are entirely dependent upon where you live and what the laws in that area are. We suggest reaching out to a CPA in your area or a local, tax government office.
If you find you do need to create taxes, you may use the following index:
- How To: Set Up Taxes
- This index contains a number of documents abou how to set up your taxes on the platform. It also discusses information regarding VATs.
Now, you need to make sure that the business information you are using is added to your website. This is important because when order emails are sent out, Art Storefronts inserts your business information into them for you. If you don’t fill this out, it will not be filled out on the Order email.
For more information on adding your Business Information to your ASF account, check out the following:
- How To: Add your Business Information to your Art Storefronts Account
- This article will show you how to access your business account and update it.
Outside of your Art Print Store and Homepage, the next most important item you need to focus on is going to be a Payment Gateway. If you want to accept money for your art and start accepting payments on your site, you MUST have a Payment Gateway set up.
Because Art Storefronts offers multiple Payment Gateways for use, we have created an index for you to refer to when deciding on a Payment Gateway:
- How To: Set Up and use Payment Gateways
- This index contains information about PayPal, Stripe and Authorize.net. You may review this to choose which gateway is right for you.
- It’s important to know that your can use PayPal Express in conjunction with EITHER Stripe or Authorize.net.
After you’ve set up your Payment Gateway(s), you MUST run a test transaction. This is going to make sure that the Payment Gateway you have implemented on your website is working properly and you can actually process payments.
This is NOT optional. You must complete this and may learn how to do so using the following article:
- How To: Run a Test Transaction on your Site
- Running a test transaction is required. You need to make sure people do not encounter issues when checking out.
- You also need to make sure your test transaction is not over five dollars. If you follow the directions to the letter you will be able to easily do this.
In order for you site to trigger going live, you must connect your custom domain name. This is NOT optional. A custom domain makes your site look more professional and enforces your brand to your potential customers. For existing customers, it provides familiarity with your brand and allows for a seamless transition.
If you need to learn more about Custom Domains, check out the helpful articles below:
- How To: Set Up Custom Domains
- This index provides you with all of the information you need in order to get your custom domain set up.
- If you do not see your registrar listed or you encounter any errors at all email email@example.com and our team will help get this sorted out for you.
Technical Site Audit
From there, you should absolutely reach out to Art Storefronts and request a Technical Site Audit. A Technical Site Audit allows you to have one of our skilled techs review the basics of the website and make sure everything you have done is good to go. To request this, all you need to do it email firstname.lastname@example.org.
At this point, your website is live and ready to take payments! CONGRATULATIONS!
Because your site is live, now is the time to start digging in and focusing on marketing and perfecting your website. You’ve got yourself a solid foundation and can start building on top of it.
Now that you can accept payments on your site, you need to start getting people to the site and browsing through your Art. The best way to make this happen is by marketing your website. Listed below, we have compiled a list of useful marketing resources for you:
Further Site Building
You have all of the basics ready to go on your website, so why not start looking at adding on some more advanced features. Art Storefronts offers a plethora of useful features for you to use to make your site even better. We’ve included a list of some important items below:
- How To: Set Up a Standard Store
- If you’re an Artist that offers things like Originals, Limited Editions, Calendars, Coffee Table Books, etc., you’ll want to check out this index. It will walk you through all the steps you’re going to need to complete in order to offer these type of items.
- How To: Set Up Shipping
- If you’re selling anything from a Standard Store, you’ll want to set up shipping for those items. Since your Fulfillment Vendor isn’t fulfilling these items, their shipping charges won’t apply to these items.
- How To: Set Up the Lead capture Tool
- This feature allows you to create a popup that appears on your website offering a coupon code to entice people to sign up for your newsletter. This is a fantastic marketing tool and we strongly suggest taking advantage of it.
- How To: Set Up Lead Capture Tool Email Automation
- If you’re using the Lead Capture tool, you’ll definitely want to set up the follow-up emails to create a sense of urgency and let them know their coupon is going to expire.
- How To: Use MailChimp in Conjunction with Art Storefronts
- Because we’re suggesting using a lead capture tool, you should also make sure that the email addresses you’re getting are actually going into a mailing list for later use. This index will provide you with everything you need to know about using MailChimp with Art Storefronts.
- Everything you need to know about the Site Auditor
- This article gives a bit of insight into our Site Auditor which will allow you to review a list of best practises and how to achieve them.