If you're looking to make your followup email that is sent out from the Lead Capture Tool more personalized, you have the ability to do this via a template with MailChimp. Art Storefronts offers a download for our Romance Email Template that you can use for this process.
Before you get started on this video, you need to download the ROMANCE TEMPLATE.
What do I do next?
Now that you have your outgoing email with your discount coupon set up and customized you want to begin setting up automated outgoing reminder emails for people so you can encourage them to use the coupon before the deadline. To learn more about setting this up, please follow the directions in How To: Set Up Email Automation for the Lead Capture Tool.
If you’ve set up your Lead Capture Tool and things are running smoothly, it may be time to consider sprucing up that outgoing email. When you first created the outgoing email, you should have used a very basic template that Art Storefronts provided. By now, you should be ready to upgrade that email and make it look nicer, so it lends more credibility to your site. It’s also going to help you build your brand and show your customers something that will make you stick out in their mind.
This process will require you to have a Mailchimp account (which you already should) but if you don’t, you need to create a MailChimp account and you need to make sure you have fully integrated and verified MailChimp with your Art Storefronts account (see: How To: Use MailChimp with Art Storefronts). You’re also going to be required to make some intensive edits to the template itself, so if you’re not ready to sit down and spend some time with MailChimp, don’t start this process. You need to make sure you have the time to do it all in one go so you don’t forget where you were or what you have already done.
Otherwise, this process isn’t too difficult, and you should have an amazing, custom template to use with your Lead Capture Tool.
Table of Contents
Download the Custom Template
- First and foremost, you’re going to need to get the Romance Template. Click on Romance Template (here) and then you’ll be taken to a new page where you need to enter in your Email Address in the appropriate box. You’re also going to have to put a check in the box that says I’m Not a Robot. When all of that’s done, you can click on the Send the Template This button is going to email you the Romance Marketing email template that you’ll need.
- If you check your Inbox, you should see an email titled Please Confirm Your Subscription. You’ll need to click on this and in the email, you need to click on the link Confirm Subscription.
- You’ll receive a message that you have been Subscribed and from here you need to go back to your email and find a new email titled Artist Romance Email Template Delivery and click it. In the email, there’s a link called Here is the Template and you’ll need to click on that as well.
- It’s going to take you to MailChimp and you need to log in to your account.
- It’s going to take you to your templates and you should see something called ASF Romance Email Template. You need to click on this.
- At this point, you need to go through and customize your entire email template. Make sure you are completely thorough with this template. Leave no stone unturned.
- When you’ve made all your edits, in the lower right-hand corner there is an option to Save and Exit. You’ll need to click on this.
- You’re going to be taken back to your email template list. There’s an upside-down chevron next to the Edit Click on it.
- In the drop-down list, there’s an option to Export as HTML. This is the option you need to click on. This is going to export the template as HTML which you can use on your Art Storefronts website. You won’t need to edit anything at all.
- A pop-up will appear and there’s button titled Export Template. You need to click on the Export Template button.
- The template is going to download via your internet browser and there’s a chevron next to it that you need to click on.
- From the options you’re presented, you need to select the option to Show in Folder.
- Your explorer is going to open, and you need to find the download of the template and right click on it. From the menu you see, you need to choose to open the file with something like Notepad or Notepad++.
Art Storefronts Recommendation: We strongly suggest you download Notepad++ if you are using a PC. It’s going to make this process 100% easier on you. If you are on PC and want to download Notepad++ you can click here.
If you’re someone who is using a MAC, Notepad++ won’t be available to you. Instead you may want to download CODA instead. It should easily work for you. To download CODA, click here.
- Your program will open, and you will be confronted with quite a bit of code. Select all the code and copy You’re going to use this on your website.
Implement the Template with the Lead Capture Tool
- Navigate to your Art Storefronts Control Panel. This is sometimes called the Site Manager or even the back-end of the site. All three terms mean the same thing and can be used interchangeably.
When you’re in the right place, scroll down and find the page you use for your Lead Capture Too By default, it is names Newsletter Sign-Up. That’s what it should still be named unless you changed it. Click on the page that you are using for your Lead Capture Tool.
- On the next page, find the tab titled INFO and click on it. If you don’t click on the INFO tab, you aren’t going to be able to complete this process.
- Scroll down the page until you find the section titled Confirmation Email Content and click on the Source button.
- Delete everything that was already in there and paste the code from your email template.
- Click the Source button again and make sure the email looks good to you.
- After everything looks good, click on the Save DO NOT CLICK THE BACK BUTTON. If you click back, you will lose the work you completed.
- My page won’t save.
- You likely need to use an approved browser. If you’re using anything other than Firefox or Chrome, you should stop and use either Chrome or Firefox.
- If you’re using an approved browser, you may need to clear your cache. Check out how to clear the cache by using the article on How To: Clear your Cache.
What do I do next?
Congratulations of making your site look even more professional and put together. Honestly, at this point, you’re going to want to start working heavily on your marketing. To gather these leads, you need to drive traffic to your site. If you’re an Artist, pop over to Small Wins and start checking out some of the megathreads there. They’ll help you get started!