If you're an Artist, Gallery, or even a Print Studio looking to offer calendars on your website, Art Storefronts has implemented a feature for you! We now offer our customers the ability to sell calendars in an interactive way. You'll no be able to upload multiple images into a Standard Store and display them on your site like a calendar. If you're interested in using this feature, please follow the tutorial below.
Furthermore, before you upload any images for your calendar, you MUST make sure they are all EXACTLY the same size. If your images are not the exact same size the calendar will still function, but the padding between images will be different and it will disrupt the look and feel of the calendar.
Also, if you are an Artist using Automated Fulfillment, you must understand that you are solely responsible for the fulfillment of your calendars. Your Fulfillment Vendor WILL NOT fulfill these items for you automatically.
- Log in to your Art Storefronts Control Panel and click on the Standard Store you want to work in. We will be working in the Standard Store titled Test Standard Store.
- In the Standard Store, you need to make sure you are on the tab labeled Products. This is the tab that is going to allow us to create a Calendar to the Standard Store.
- After making sure you’re on the Products tab, you need to make sure that you click on the button labeled +Add Product. This is going to allow us to create the Calendar.
- On the next page, there will be two fields. The first field is labeled Type of Product. Here, make sure you select the option labeled Calendar Product. This will ensure that we are able to use this item for our Calendar.
Please Note: Calendars are subject to Transaction Fees.
- After that, there is a section labeled Name. In this box, you need to make sure you enter in a clear and concise name. It’s important to remember that your customer will see this name, so make sure it matches your aesthetic.
- After you’ve selected the appropriate option and you’ve entered in an appropriate name, you need to click on the button labeled DO NOT CLICK THE BACK BUTTON. If you click the back button, you will lose all the changes you made and the product will not be created.
- After you’ve clicked the Save button, you’ll be taken to another new page. This is the actual Calendar You should make sure, before anything else, that you are on the tab labeled Info. This tab will allow you to work on the basics of your Calendar.
- After making sure you are on the tab labeled Info, you can scroll down and the first box you will see is labeled Name. In this box, you can change the name of your Calendar at any point in time. Remember that your customer does see this name.
- Next, there’s a section labeled Quantity. This box is where you can set the number of Calendars you have available for sell. As customers buy Calendars this counter will automatically adjust the quantity left in stock. When there are no Calendars left it will show as Sold on the website. For more information about this section, please review our article How To: Use Inventory Enforcement.
Please Note: For Calendars, this field will always default to 100. If you do not have 100 Calendars available for sale, you will need to make sure to change this number.
- The Item Code section is up next. This is not a required field and it will not be seen on your website by customers. This can be used for things like SKU numbers or internal information that you simply do not want your customers to see.
- After that, there’s a box labeled Short Description where you can enter a brief description of the Calendar. You can enter in information like what type of medium and implements you used to create the original product.
- Then, we have a box labeled Long Description. This is where you’ll want to enter a longer description regarding your image. We suggest using phrases and explanations here that evoke an emotional response from our customer. This may aid you in getting more conversions (read: sales).
- In the Disclaimer box, you may enter in any Disclaimer hat you may find fitting whether it is to explain that this is just a representation of the calendar and it may not appear exactly as it does or anything else you may need to share.
- Price is the next box you will see. Here you can enter in the cost for the Calendar. You need to make sure that the price you enter here does not include a dollar sign or other special characters.
Tip: You can change this price at any point in time.
Please Note: You can create Product Options for calendars if you need to offer them in different sizes or finishes. For more information on product options, please see How To: Create Product Options for Items in a Standard Store.
- Search Keywords is the next box. THESE ARE NOT THE SAME AS META KEYWORDS. THESE KEYWORDS HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH APPEARING IN GOOGLE SEARCHES. These keywords are used specifically to make sure your Calendars appear in your ASF site Search and in your Product Galleries.
Please Note: For more information on how to use Search Keywords to make sure you Calendars show up in Product Galleries on your home page, please review our article [Master Article][For All Artists and Galleries] How To: Set Up you Home Page as a Gallery of Subject Matter Categories.
- Shipping Weight is the next box available. If you are charging for shipping based on weight, you will need to use this box. You will have to enter in a weight, but you need to make sure you are not using anything other than numbers in this box. You cannot us abbreviations like lbs or kg.
Please Note: If you need more information about setting up Shipping, you can review our article How To: Set Up Shipping Prices by Weight.
- The final item is labeled Add Photo. You can use this button to upload images of the Calendar that you are selling. We recommend only using 3-5 images. Anything larger may slow your site down.
Please Note: You may only upload images up to 5mb Anything larger will not upload.
- Once you’ve filled out everything you need to click the button labeled Save. DO NOT CLICK THE BACK BUTTON. If you click the back button you will lose all the changes you just made.
Please Note: After you’ve completed your Calendar set-up, if you find you want to change the colours of the boxes and number on the live site, simply use the Edit Design button. You can learn more by reading How To: Use the Theme Editor (Edit Design Button).