When working on your site, you may offer services such as colour correction and instead of creating a multitude of different style finishes with prices associated with them you’ve decided to set your media prices to reflect the services (such as colour correction) that you offer. Some of your customers may decide that they do not want you to colour correct their photos and because this takes you less time you want to give them a break on the price.
The best way to give these types of prices breaks is to set up print options or style finishes that use a negative price. This will effectively alter the cost of the print and make it lower if the customer opts out of services you generally offer.
If you’d like to learn how to use negative prices on your site, please follow the directions below.
- Log in to your Art Storefronts Control Panel and click on the Store you want to work in.
Please Note: This process is only available for Art Print Stores or Art Upload Stores. This is not effective for Standard Stores. It is also important to be aware that customers who are Artists and are using Automated Fulfillment will not ever be able to use negative prices.
- Click on the tab labeled Styles.
- Scroll down to the Print Option section and click the button labeled +Add or Edit if you already have the Print Option created.
Please Note: You can fill out all of the information (up to Price and after Price) on this page and if you’re interested in learning more about that, please see How To: Add Print Options to an Art Print Store or an Art Upload Store.
- Next, find the section labeled Type of Pricing and select Variable.
- Under Pricing Calculated Based on choose Square Units.
- Under Type of Pricing, choose Fixed.
- In the Size box, enter in each size you offer on your website.
- Then, in the Fixed Price box, enter in a negative price for each size you listed.
- After you’ve completed these fields, click the Update button and those negative prices will be active on your website. When selected they will subtract from the cost of the print your customer has chosen.