Creating shipping zones is a great way to delegate your shipping costs to different regions of the country. Below you will find a guide on how to create a shipping zone.
Before adding your shipping methods, we suggest researching shipping rates on FedEx and UPS. Make sure to open a Business Account with UPS or FedEx since the business shipping rates are much cheaper than the public rates.
- Log in to your Art Storefronts site and in the Jump To menu choose the section labeled Shipping Methods.
- Click on the button labeled Add Shipping Method.
- Make sure the Available slider is set to On.
- In the Name section, provide a name that describes what zone this is for. For our example, we chose to use the name Pacific.
- Choose to set this Shipping Method up by State.
- Press Next.
- On the next page make sure that the Force Local Tax option is set to Off.
- Available on Child Site must be turned off unless you are a Fulfillment Partner.
- The Internal Description section is not required, but it can be used to write a brief description that only you will see regarding this Shipping Method.
- The Description box can be filled with a brief description of the Shipping Method that your customer will see.
- In the Add States section, you will need to choose the states that you want this shipping zone to apply to. For this section, we chose the states on the West Coast.
- Under Calculate Shipping Based On, choose either option. We chose to use Cart Subtotal.
- Enter your Subtotal and the Shipping Amount.
- Press Save.