If your website uses automated fulfillment (i.e. you do not do your own printing), you can make your own "wholesale" print orders right from your own website. This will allow you to buy prints directly from the company who is currently handling your print fulfillment, at wholesale prices (in other words, your markups will be removed from the pricing), and you will NOT be charged transaction fees for these specific orders.
This is commonly done by artists and photographers on our platform who sell at local art fairs or in retail art galleries, and need to get prints made so they can sell them in person, or to ship to a customer for a sale made over the phone. When you buy prints directly from your fulfillment partner, you can have the prints shipped to you, or drop shipped directly to a client (simply by changing the shipping address when placing the order), and you'll have a record of everything within your Art Storefronts site manager - therefore making this process incredibly simple.
In order to make sure that you are not charged any transaction fees, you will need to follow the steps explained below when placing this type of wholesale order.
- Navigate to Art Storefronts.com and log in to the account that you use to Edit your Art Storefronts website. If you don't do this, this process will ultimately FAIL and you will be charged non-refundable transaction fees.
- Before you begin the process of ordering Wholesale on your website, you will have to have a Customer Account on your Live Site. If you don’t have a customer account, this will not work and you will not be able to purchase items wholesale from your Vendor. If you need more information on this, please review our article How To: Create a Customer Account on your Art Storefronts Website.
Warning: YOU MUST USE YOUR ART STOREFRONTS SUBDOMAIN. YOU CANNOT GO TO YOUR CUSTOM DOMAIN TO PURCHASE YOUR OWN ART. IF YOU FAIL TO USE THE ART STOREFRONTS SUBDOMAIN YOU WILL BE CHARGED A NON-REFUNDABLE TRANSACTION FEE.
- After you’ve made your customer account and you are sure you are logged into that customer account, open a new tab in your browser and log in to your Art Storefronts Control Panel and in the upper right-hand corner, find the menu labeled Jump To. In this menu, select the option labeled Contacts.
Please Note: You need to make sure you are logged into the site owner account for the site. If you aren’t, this will cause issues later and Wholesale ordering will not work properly.
- In your Contact list, you need to find the account you created for Wholesale and click on the Name of that specific contact.
Warning: Do NOT click on the e-mail address. This will just attempt to send an e-mail when we want to edit the contact.
- You’re going to be taken to a new page with a number of tabs and options. We need to find and click on the tab labeled User. This is where we’re going to access parts of the site that allow us to make an account a wholesale account.
- After clicking on the tab labeled User, scroll down the page until you see a button labeled Buy Wholesale. Move this slider to the On If this isn’t in the On position, Wholesale ordering WILL NOT work properly.
- Now, click on the Save DO NO CLICK ON THE BACK BUTTON. If you click on the back button you will lose all the changes you made and you will have to move the slider again.
- From here, click on the link at the top of the page labeled View Live Site. This is going to take use to the Live Site where we will be purchasing Wholesale.
- Once you are on the website, look at the upper righthand corner and make sure you are Logged In to your Customer Account. If you aren’t, you need to immediately log in to your Customer Account. If you fail to do this, you will not be able to purchase items Wholesale.
Please Note: If you are logged in to both accounts appropriately, you will see a box in the lower right-hand corner of the screen. It will be bright yellow and will say “Add something to your cart. You will Buy Wholesale & Free of Trans Fees!”
- Now, you need to go through the process of Adding Items to your Cart and clicking on the Check Out This is going to begin taking you through the steps of checking out as the owner of the site and will allow you to purchase wholesale from the site.
- On the next page, you will be allowed to review the contents of your cart. One this page, there’s a section labeled Wholesale and it should say True. You’ll also need to look at the bottom right-hand corner of the screen and you should see a green box that says, “Upon checkout, you will buy Wholesale & Free of Trans Fees!” If you do not see this, you did not do something right. Immediately stop and e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once you’re sure everything looks correct on this page, click on the option labeled Continue to Checkout.
- On the next page, select your preferred Shipping and Billing Address and then click the button labeled Select & Continue to Payment.
- Scroll down the page until you see the section labeled Payment Method and in the drop-down menu, be sure you select the option labeled Purchase by Website Owner. If you don’t choose this option you are going to be charged Transaction Fees on the order.
- After you’ve made the Payment Method selection, click on the Place Order button and your Wholesale Order will be sent off to your Fulfillment Vendor.