If you are a Print Studio and a Fulfillment Partner you do have the option to allow your customers to be tax exempt. Art Storefronts cannot assist you with deciding whether or not your customer should be allowed a Tax Exempt status. You will need to contact a CPA for assistance in making these decisions.
The only requirement to give someone tax exempt status is that they MUST HAVE SIGNED UP FOR AN ACCOUNT ON YOUR WEBSITE. You CANNOT create a new contact in your contact manager and give it tax exempt status, because the contact's user account does not exist yet).
- Log in to your Art Storefronts Control Panel and in the Jump To Menu select the option labeled Contacts.
- Click on the name of the Contact you want to make Tax Exempt.
- Click on the tab labeled User.
- If the Contact submitted a Resale Certificate to you, you can go to the section labeled Upload Resale Certificate, click Choose File and Upload the Resale Certificate.
- Next is the Tax Exempt If this is set to On, the contact will be Tax Exempt. If set to Off, the contact will not be Tax Exempt.
- When you are satisfied with your changes, click Save.