How To Edit SEO Information on a Specific Image in an Art Print Store
SEO is an integral part of any page on your Art Storefronts website. By making sure you have all your SEO filled out appropriately and according to best practices you increase your chances of ranking higher within Google. This will be especially important in gaining traction on your website and eventually making sales. This is one step on the way to success and we urge you to make sure you are fully filling out SEO information anywhere possible.
If you need information regarding SEO, there are several resources that ASF provides to you for free:
- Review our SEO Lessons
- Review our Blog posts on SEO
- Watch our SEO Webinar
- Start an SEO discussion on our Members Only Forum
If you’d like to learn more about how to enter SEO information for a specific image in an Art Print Store, please follow the directions below.
- Log in to your Art Storefronts Control Panel and click on the Art Print Store you want to work in. Today, we’re going to be working in the Art Print Store titled Shop Art.
- Once you’re in your Art Print Store, make sure you are on the tab labeled Categories & Products. This is the section that is going to allow you to access all your Art Prints.
- Scroll down the page and find the item you want to create an original for. Click on the button labeled Edit.
- After that, you’ll again, be taken to a new page where there are many tabs. Click on the tab labeled SEO Options.
- The first box is your SEO Title. This will not show up on your live website, but will be included between the 'title' tags in the code of your web page. This feature is valuable for Search Engine Optimization and should include 3-5 keywords that people might search for to find this page. Be sure you are not duplicating your SEO titles on your site because this can lead to Google viewing pages as duplicate content and they may not get indexed properly.
- The second box is labeled Meta Keywords. Enter keywords here separated by a comma. This will not show up on your live website, but will be included in the code of your web page for Search Engine Optimization purposes. THESE KEYWORDS SHOULD NOT BE HYPHENATED.
- The third box is Meta Description. Enter 1-2 sentences here describing this web page. These will not show up on your live website, but will be included in the code of your web page for Search Engine Optimization purposes. Be sure you are not duplicating your Meta Descriptions on your site because this can lead to Google viewing pages as duplicate content and they may not get indexed properly.
- Smart URL is the final box. This will appear in the address bar of the browser, like the 'my-page' part in mydomain.com/my-page.
- Once you’ve entered information in each of these boxes and you are happy with your results, click the Save If you navigate away from this page and you do not save, all this information will be lost. DO NOT CLICK THE BACK BUTTON. If you click back, your information will not be saved.