When you’re working on your website, you may have some personalized videos that you want to put on your website. These videos could be of you painting, at a trade show or even a clip of an interview that you have done in the past. While you do have the ability to add videos to your site, you want to be sure to keep them to a minimum to make sure your site is not cluttered and loads at the most optimal speed.
If you want to learn how to embed Youtube videos on your website, please follow the directions below.
- Navigate to Youtube and in the Search box you need to type in the name of the video you are looking to share on your site and click on the Magnifying Glass.
- Click on the video that you are interested in using on your website. Make sure that the video you’re going to share on your site fits your aesthetic and is something you’d want your potential customers to see.
- Scroll down and find the button labeled Share. You need to click on this button because it is going to allow us to get to the link for the video that we are going to need to use.
- After clicking on the Share button, you will see that there is a ton more information available. You need to find the section labeled Embed. This is the item you need to click on because it will lead us to the information we need to obtain.
- After clicking on Embed, you will see a box with a string of code in it. You need to click on this string of code and Copy We’re going to be using this to put the video on the website.
- Now, navigate to your Art Storefronts Control Panel and click on the page where you want to embed the video. Today, we will be embedding this video on our About page.
- On the next page, make sure you find the box you want to put the video in. We will be putting this in Column 2 on my About page. You may put this video anywhere you wish. To do so, click on the Source button of the content box.
Please Note: The layout of a page and the content box you choose to put the video in may be different than what we have chosen to do here. Here we are working with a Standard Page and because of this we needed to navigate to the Content button. If you’re using a page type other than Standard, you will need to remain on the Info tab to embed videos into content boxes.
- After clicking on the Source button, paste the Embed code that you copied from Youtube.
- After pasting the code in, click on the Source button again.
- Finally, make sure that you click on the Save button for the page. DO NOT CLICK THE BACK BUTTON. If you click the back button, you will lose all the work you just completed.