When you’re working on your website, you may have some personalized videos that you want to put on your website. These videos could be of you painting, at a trade show or even a clip of an interview that you have done in the past. While you do have the ability to add videos to your site, you want to be sure to keep them to a minimum to make sure your site is not cluttered and loads at the most optimal speed.
If you want to learn how to embed a video from Vimeo to your site, please follow the directions below.
- Navigate to Vimeo and in the Search box, type in the name of the video you are looking to share and click on the Magnifying Glass.
- You’ll be taken to a new page with videos listed. You need to click on the video that you want to share on your Art Storefronts site.
- On the next page, you should scroll down and see a button shaped like a paper plane. It should say Share and you will need to click on it.
- A new window will pop up. You will need to scroll down and find the section labeled Embed. From there, copy the code provided.
- Now, navigate to your Art Storefronts Site Manager and click on the page where you want to embed the video. Today, we will be embedding this video on our About page.
- On the next page, make sure you find the box you want to put the video in. We will be putting this in Column 2 on my About page. You may put this video anywhere you wish. To do so, click on the Source button of the content box.
Please Note: The layout of a page and the content box you choose to put the video in may be different than what we have chosen to do here. Here we are working with a Standard Page and because of this we needed to navigate to the Content button. If you’re using a page type other than Standard, you will need to remain on the Info tab to embed videos into content boxes.
- After clicking on the Source button, paste the Embed code that you copied from Vimeo.
- After pasting the code in, click on the Source button again.
- Finally, make sure that you click on the Save button for the page. DO NOT CLICK THE BACK BUTTON. If you click the back button, you will lose all the work you just completed.