On the Art Storefronts platform, we provide a number of pre-made themes for you to use. You can use our themes as is or you can use CSS or HTML to customize them to your liking. This article will apply to everyone on the Art Storefronts platform.
Note: By default, your new site will already have the Sleek theme enabled, which is one of the most popular. It's not necessary to change your theme if you're happy with the way your site appears right now, and you can always come back and change it later without it affecting anything else you have set up on your site.
- Log in to your Art Storefronts Site Manager and click on the tab labeled Themes.
- You will see a list of different Themes. If you hover over one you will see the option to Preview the Theme. Click on Preview.
- You will then be taken to a Preview of the Theme. You will see a message in the upper right hand corner telling you that you are Previewing a specific Theme.
- Return to the Themes section of the Art Storefronts Site Manager and find the button that says Activate. If you click this button the theme will automatically be applied to your website. There WILL NOT be any publishing time like you would see on a website such as WordPress.
- Next, you can click on the button labeled Edit. If you do this, you will be taken to another page where you have the ability to make CSS changes. DO NOT use this option unless you absolutely know how to code.
- Next you will see a button labeled Copy (Advanced). If you click on this button, a copy of your theme will be made and activated. If you wish to use and modify a theme you should only use this option if you can code or have hired someone to do this for you. If you do not intend to use extensive custom code, you should instead use the Edit button.
Warning: If you use this option the Edit Design button will not be available on your live site. Any modifications of your theme can only be done using CSS and HTML. DO NOT use this option unless you know what you are doing.