This article is for use by everyone on the Art Storefronts platform so we strongly suggest you take advantage of it. It will first walk you through the steps involved in connecting your site to Mailchimp, and then in verifying your site so Mailchimp will automatically sync with the Contacts on your site.
Integrating your MailChimp Account
- Navigate to mailchimp.com and login to your account.
- Enter your Username and Password, then click on the Log In button.
- In the upper, right hand corner of the screen click on the arrow next to your name. From the drop-down, click on the option labeled Account.
- Click on the link labeled Extras, then on API keys.
- Scroll down and click on the button labeled Create A Key.
- Highlight and copy the API Key.
- Open your Site Manager and in the Jump To Menu, select Integrations.
- In the MailChimp section, in the API Key field, paste the key you copied, then click on the Update button.
- Click Update and your MailChimp account will be integrated with your Art Storefronts account. Check that your Audience from the previous article is in the field named Select a List, and click on Update again.
Verifying your MailChimp Account
After you’ve integrated your website with MailChimp and set up the sync for contacts from Art Storefronts to transfer to MailChimp, you’re going to need to verify your site with MailChimp to make sure things run smoothly. If we don’t do this step, contacts will not transfer and other features within MailChimp will not work.
Fortunately, this process is simple.
- Log in to the MailChimp website and in the upper right-hand corner, click on your name, and then on Connected Sites.
- You’re going to be taken to a new page that lists several different e-commerce platforms. Click on the link on the left labelled Custom Website, and then on the button labelled Custom Website that appears to the right of it.
- Next, you’re going to be presented with a box asking you to Enter your site URL. To get the correct address let’s go back to your Site Manager.
- Highlight and copy the URL from the address bar.
- Now let’s go back to Mailchimp and paste in the address. But don’t do anything else just yet, as we need to trim the end of the address.
- What we need to do is delete everything to the right of artstorefronts.com/ so you’ll have just the section shown as in this screenshot, but using your site’s address rather than my test site.
- Scrolling down, there is a drop-down menu asking you what List you want the contacts from your site to be sent to. Select a list, then click the button labeled Get Code.
- On the next page, you’ll be provided with a code snippet that needs to be added to the website. Click the button labeled Copy.
- Now switch back to your Site Manager, click on the tab labeled Site Settings, and then click on Scripts.
- On this page, click in the one labeled Head and paste the code you copied from MailChimp, and then click on Save.
- Return to MailChimp and click on the button labeled Check Connection.
- After clicking on Check Connection, you’ll be taken to a new page that says your site is connected! If you do not receive this confirmation message you have not entered the code correctly and will need to re-attempt it or reach out to Art Storefronts support for further assistance.
- Scroll down here and click on View Your Site Details.
- You should be all set now, and ready to move on to the next step.
What do I do next?
Now that your Mailchimp account has been set up and is connected to your site correctly, it's time to look at your list of subscribers. Click on this link to learn about managing your Mailchimp Master List.