This article is for use by everyone on the Art Storefronts platform so we strongly suggest you take advantage of it.MailChimp is a powerful tool that allows its customers to easily create email lists and send email blasts or newsletters. It's an invaluable marketing tool and it can be used in conjunction with Art Storefronts. There are several moving pieces to this, but we have broken it down into a couple of different sections.
Integrating your MailChimp Account
- Navigate to https://mailchimp.com and click on the button labeled Log In.
- Enter your Username.
- Enter your Password.
- Click Log In.
- In the upper, right hand corner of the screen click on the arrow next to your name.
- From the drop-down, click on the option labeled Account.
- Click on the link labeled Extras.
- Click on API Keys.
- Scroll down and click on the button labeled Create A Key.
- Copy the API Key.
- Navigate to your Art Storefronts Control Panel and in the Jump To Menu, select Integrations.
- In the MailChimp API Key section, paste the key you previously copied.
- Click Update and your MailChimp account will be integrated with your Art Storefronts account.
What do I do next?
Now that you have MailChimp integrated with Art Storefronts, you're going to want to create a Segment that you can easily use with MailChimp. Taking this steps will make life easier when you're attempting to automatically sync contacts from ASF to MailChimp. If you would like to learn more about creating that Segment, please check out the article How To: Create a Segment for Use with MailChimp.
Verifying your MailChimp Account
After you’ve integrated your website with MailChimp and set up the sync for contacts from Art Storefronts to transfer to MailChimp, you’re going to need to verify your business with MailChimp to make sure things run smoothly. If we don’t do this step, contacts may not transfer and other features within MailChimp may not work. Fortunately, this process is simple.
If you want to learn how to verify your ASF website with MailChimp, please follow the directions below.
- Navigate to the MailChimp website and in the upper right-hand corner, click on Log In.
- On the next page, make sure you enter your Username.
- Enter your Password.
- Click on the button labeled Log In.
- Once you’re logged in you need to click on your name in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
- After that, you’ll see a drop-down menu and in this menu, you need to find the section labeled Account and click on it.
- Once you’re in the account section, find an area labeled Connected Sites and click on it.
- Then, find the button that says Get Started and click on it. This is going to allow us to start the process of connecting your site to MailChimp.
- You’re going to be taken to a new page that lists several different e-commerce platforms. We will ignore these and find the section labeled Don’t See Your Site. Click on the button labeled Get Started.
- Next, you’re going to be presented with a box asking you to Enter your site URL. In this box, enter in the custom domain that you are using for your website.
- After you’ve entered in your Custom Domain name, you need to click on the button at the bottom right labeled Next.
- Then, there will be a drop-down menu asking you what E-mail List you want your site connected to. Select from one of the lists.
- Then, click the button labeled Next.
- On the next page, you’ll be provided with a code snippet that needs to be added to the website. Click the button labeled Copy.
- Then, open a new tab and log in to your Art Storefronts Control Panel and click on the tab labeled Site Settings.
- Once you’re on the tab labeled Site Settings, find the secondary tab labeled Scripts and click on it.
- On the next page, you’re going to see 2 boxes. Find the one labeled Head and paste the code you copied from MailChimp.
- After you’ve pasted that code into the box, be sure you click the SaveDO NOT CLICK THE BACK BUTTON. If you click the back button you will lose all the information you just put in the Head Box.
- Return to MailChimp and click on the button labeled Check Connection.
- After clicking on Check Connection, you’ll be taken to a new page that says Your Site Is Connected! If you do not receive this confirmation message you have not entered the code correctly and will need to reattempt it or reach out to Art Storefronts support for further assistance. On this page, you can click All Done.
What do I do next?
From here, your MailChimp account is fully set up and ready to go. At this point, if you haven't set up your Lead Capture tool, you'll want to make sure that's the next step you take. The Lead Capture Tool is a powerful feature that allows you to obtain email addresses from customers and use them later for Romance Marketing. If you're interested in learning more, please see our article How To: Use the Lead Capture Tool.