When using an Art Print Store, Art Storefronts finds it is a good idea to sort your images into broad categories. This sort of organization is important to you because it allows you to easily find and edit the images you are looking for. Also, based on the broad categories you create here, you’ll have a better idea of the specific categories you should create on your home page.
If you would like to learn how to create categories in your Art Print Store, please follow the direction below.
- Log in to your Art Storefronts Control Panel and click on the Art Print Store you want to create categories in. We will be using the Art Print Store titled Shop Art.
- On the next page, make sure you are on the tab titled Categories & Products. This is the area where you are going to able to create categories for your Art Print Store.
- Scroll down the page slightly and find and click on the button labeled +Add Category. This will allow you to create categories in your Art Print Store.
- You’ll be taken to a new page. On this new page, the first section you see is Name. In this box, you will need to provide the category with a Name. Your customers will be able to see this so make sure it is concise and flows with the rest of your site.
Please Note: If you don’t provide the category a name, it will not create properly.
- The next section is labeled Lead Content. The Lead Content section can be used for anything you want to let your customers know about the category or the images contained therein. The information in the lead content box will appear at the top of the page.
- After you’ve made sure that your information in the Name field and the Lead Content field are correct and you are happy with all of it, click the Save DO NOT CLICK THE BACK BUTTON. If you click the back button on your browser, you will lose all the work you just did on this category.
- After you’ve clicked on save, you’re going to be taken to another new page where you can edit your category.