On the Art Storefronts platform, you can "301 redirect" any URLs from your old website to pages here on your new website. This is Google's preferred way to handle redirects to maintain your SEO positioning, as per this article from Google.
You will need to upload a .CSV file in a specific format. Please download the example file here and modify the data so that it contains your own. DO NOT change Row 1 on this file, which contains the headers "source_url" and "target_url", our software needs these to map the URLs correctly.
- Log in to your Art Storefronts Control Panel and click on the tab labeled Info & Settings.
- Click on the tab labeled 301 Redirects.
- Scroll down and click on the link to download the template, or you can download the template here.
- In the spreadsheet, put your Old URL in the Left.
Please Note: If you are using a subdomain, make sure this has been entered correctly (e.g. shop.mysite.com). If your file does not seem to be working but you are not using a subdomain, make sure you have "www" in the source redirects. Therefore, you will need to update all the "non-www" urls to contain a "www."
- In the Right column, enter in your New URL.
Please Note: If your file does not seem to be working make sure you have "www" in the source redirects. Therefore, you will need to update all the "non-www" urls to contain a "www."
- Save the Excel.
- Click on the button labeled Select File.
- Find and Select the file.
- Click Open.
- On the Art Storefronts site, click on the button labeled Import File and the redirects will be uploaded to your ASF site.
Please Note: Redirects should generally be active almost immediately, but there are times where it can take Google several weeks to fully redirect to your Art Storefronts site.