At this time, Art Storefronts does charge a transaction fee for specific order types. This applies to Artists, Galleries, Print Studios, and everyone in-between.
Below you will find some information regarding transaction fees in relation to account types, including when they are applied and how they are paid. We'll also discuss how it works for countries outside of the US who are not using USD.
ARTISTS: If you are using a test stripe card, you should not be charged for the order. However, you will be charged transaction fees (NONREFUNDABLE) if the order is over $4.99, so our advice is that you to make inexpensive test orders less than $4.99.
PRINT STUDIOS: If you are using a test stripe card, you should not be charged for the order. However, you will be charged for transaction fees (NONREFUNDABLE) on ALL orders. We advise you to create an inexpensive test order to keep the transaction fee costs down.
Basic Transaction Fees- Artists (Self-Fulfilling and Automated Fulfillment) Using USD
- From the moment an Artist begins working with Art Storefronts, they will receive transaction fees. If a sale is made, a transaction fee may be applicable.
- Transaction Fees are IMMEDIATELY charged to the credit card on file and they are charged in USD
- If your credit card is declined, you will immediately receive an error message stating that there are unpaid fees.
- In order to pay those fees, update your credit card information (if necessary) and click on the section labeled “Invoices with Unpaid Fees” and you can then reattempt payment of the transactions fees.
- Transaction fees are dependent on the type of product being sold and are calculated in accordance with the fees set forth for your specified plan type.
- Whether you're an Automated Fulfillment Artists or Self-Fulfilling Artists, the transaction fee will be charged on the order Sub-total. this means that the transaction fee is not charged on things like shipping an taxes. You're only being charged the transaction fee for the total of the products purchased.
- For all Self-Made Orders, you will have a 1.15% transaction fee on the total of the order. This includes the shipping and taxes of the order.
Basic Transaction Fees- Print Studios/Galleries (Fulfillment Partners and Non-Fulfillment Partners) Using USD
- Print Studios/Galleries who are not fulfillment partners will still be charged transaction fees.
- For Print Studios/Galleries, transaction fees ARE NOT charged immediately. Print Studios will receive an invoice on the first of each month for their transaction fees.
- Your transaction fees are charged based off of the total of the order. This includes the taxes and the shipping being charged on the order.
Transaction Fees for Those Not Using USD
Transaction fees are still applicable to customers who choose to use a currency other than USD. We do, however, accommodate for exchange rates. We get the latest exchange rates from the EU Central Bank and use this to apply it to transaction fee on the order, at the time of order (even if your payment for the transaction fee is declined, and you pay a few days later, we will still use the exchange rate captured on the order date).
Refunds on Transaction Fees
Transaction fees are non-refundable. If an order is processed through the Art storefront' system, the order will be charged a fee. If the order is canceled or refunded for any reason, this will not include a refund of the transaction fee. For further information, please refer to the Terms and Conditions page.