Warning:If you have multiple Art Print Stores, you must create mark-ups in EACH Art Print Store, otherwise your customers may end up purchasing items at your cost and you will not make a profit.
If you’re an artist and you are connected to a Fulfillment Vendor, you may be wondering how you’re going to be able to set your prices to make a profit on the art you are selling on your website. Unlike Artists that Self-Fulfill and print studios, you won’t be setting your prices up via the media tab. Instead, you will have a tab specifically called pricing. This area allows you to set markups off the base prices as put forth by your Fulfillment Vendor.
If you’d like to learn how to set up your markups, please follow the directions below.
- Log in to your Art Storefronts Control Panel and click on the Art Print Store that you want to work in. We will be working in the Art Print Store titled Shop Art.
- Once you’ve clicked on the Art Print Store, you’ll be taken to a new page. On this new page, make sure you find the tab labeled Pricing and click on it. This is the area that is going to allow you to directly contend with getting markups set up.
- After you’ve clicked on the tab labeled Pricing, you’ll be taken to a page with a button labeled Manage Your Markups. You’ll need to click on this button because it will take you directly to the page where you may begin setting up and editing your markups.
- The next page contains a large amount of information, but we are going to go through it piece by piece. The first item we want to look at is a box asking What Markup Strategy Would You Like to Use and it contains a drop-down menu with a Simple and Advanced
- Simple (recommended): The simple markup strategy is the easiest strategy to use, especially for beginners. With this strategy, all you will be doing is setting markups on a media by media basis. So keep in mind, the percentage you use for each medium will also be the markup on the style finishes, print options, and individual frames for all prints created with these mediums.
- Advanced: The advanced markup option gives you a bit more control over the pricing on your website regarding applying a markup for style finishes, print options, and frames. You cannot set a specific markup for each frame or style finish. You can only set a baseline markup for print options, style finishes, and frames.
- After you’ve chosen your markup strategy and input any necessary information, you can scroll down the page and you’ll find a box titled How To Calculate Medium Markups. This is another drop-down menu where you will be given two options.
- Fixed Amounts: If you choose the fixed amounts option, this means you’re going to be setting specific dollar amounts for your markups. For example, we can say an 8x10 is going to cost you $7. You want to make a profit on it so you set your markup to be $100. The price your customer would be paying is $107.
- Percentages: If you choose the percentages option, this means you’re going to be setting a percentage as your markup instead of a fixed dollar amount. For example, we can say an 8x10 is going to cost you $7.78 and you want to mark it up 100%. The price your customer will pay is $15.56.
- When you’ve decided on the markup strategy that works best for you, you can scroll down the page a little further. You will see several sections that are split up by the name of the media type offered by your Fulfillment Vendor. The first box says Size. In this box, you need to enter in a size (in a width by height format).
- After entering in the size, the next box will say Markup % or Markup Amount. Here, you need to enter in the percentage or dollar amount you want to use for your markup.
Art Storefronts Recommendation: If you are unsure what percentage to use, we recommend starting at 200%, then review the prices on the live site. If you feel the prices are too high or too low, come back to the markups department and raise/lower the percentage. Try not to go past 100% because this may cause complications if a customer tries to use a coupon code on your website.
- If you find you need to add more boxes because you want to input more sizes, you can click on the black plus sign and it will add another box. You may click this as many times as you need to.
Important Tip: If you intend for each size in a specific media type to have the same percentage or amount markup, you DO NOT have to enter in every size and markup value. You can enter in one size and one markup value and it will apply to all the sizes offered for the specified media type in that specific Art Print Store.
If you do intend to offer different markup amounts you will need to enter in the different sizes and their amounts. If there’s a size offered on your site that isn’t listed in your markups, the system is going to find the size it is nearest and adopt that markup amount.
- After you’ve entered all your desired sizes and markup amounts for each media type, be sure the click the Save DO NOT CLICK THE BACK BUTTON. If you click the back button you will lose all the changes you just made on your site.