Product options are used when you are selling items that have multiple options available. This will not apply to thing like Art Prints, but it will instead apply to items like Gift Cards, Calendars, T-shirts etc. When you create Product Options for you items you are opening up a world of possibilities for you customers and the best part is that anyone on the Art Storefronts platform can use this feature.
Creating The Product Option
- Log in to your Art Storefronts Control Panel and click on the Standard Store you want to work in. We will be using the store titled Shop Standard Products.
- Scroll down to the product you want to add Product Option to and click Edit. We’re going to be using our Gift Card.
- Click on the tab labeled Product Options.
- Click the link labeled Click Here To Create Your First.
- Click on the Add Option Category.
- Provide the Product Option with a Name.
- Internal Name is where you can provide a name to the option that your customer will not see.
- Field Type is where you can choose what kind of option you want to offer.
- Text Field: used for engravings and messages
- Text Area: used for a multi-line text field
- Dropdown Menu: allows for multiple selections
- Radio Buttons: allows for multiple selections
- Multi-Select Checkboxes: allows for multiple selections
- For Use With Which Type of Product allows you to choose whether the option will apply to a Standard Product or Original Product.
- Click Create.
Creating The Options For The Product
- Click on the button labeled Add.
- Provide the Option with a Name.
- Click Create.
- Next, click on Edit next to the option you want to work on.
- On the next screen you can edit the Name of the option if you need to.
- Available is a slider. If On, the option will be available on your site. If Off, the option will not be available on your site.
- Price is where you’ll want to add in a Price for the option.
- Click Update.
Editing The Option Category
- Name is where you can edit the name of the Product Option.
- Internal Name is where you can edit the internal name you previously set.
- Available is a slider. If On, the Product Option will be seen on the website. If Off, the Product Option will not be seen on the website.
- Required is a slider. If On, the Product Option will be required in order for a customer to check out. If Off, the Product Option will not be required at check out.
- Product Option Selected By Default is where you can choose which option you want the item to default to.
- Display Price Per Unit Text is a slider. When turned On, the options within this category will show the additional price per unit, right next to the option name. For example: Red (Add $20.00 per unit).
- Tooltip Content is where you can add a description of what the Product Option.
- When you are satisfied with your changes, click Update.
- Next, click on the Name of the actual Product.
- Put a check mark next to the Product Option you just created.
- When you are satisfied with your changes, click Save.