Product options are used when you are selling items that have multiple options available. This will not apply to things like Art Prints, but it will instead apply to items like Gift Cards, Calendars, Limited editions, T-shirts, etc. When you create Product Options for your items you are opening up a world of possibilities for your customers and the best part is that anyone on the Art Storefronts platform can use this feature.
Creating the Product Option
1. Log in to your Art Storefronts Site Manager and click on the Standard Store you want to work in. We will be using the store titled Warehouse-Originals, Limited Editions, and Standard Products in this instructional.
2. Scroll down to the product you want to add Product Option to and click Edit. We’re going to be using the product YELLOW DAISIES.
3. Here, we need to scroll down a bit until we see the tab labeled Product Options.
4. Since we don’t have a product option created yet, we will see a notification stating that You have not created any product options yet. Click here to add your first. Here we need to select the clickable option Click here to add your first.
5. Now before we add selectable options to our new Product option, we need to create an Option category that will display those selectable options. Clicking on the Click here to add your first has led us to the page where we see ADD PRODUCT OPTION CATEGORY Let’s click on that and create a new option category.
6. In the next field, we will see several fields, the first of which is Here, we can add the name of our product option category.
7. Internal Name is where you can provide a name to the option that your customer will not see.
8. Field Type is where you can choose what kind of options you wish to offer to your customers.
- Text Field: used for engravings and messages
- Text Area: used for a multi-line text field
- Dropdown Menu: allows for multiple selections
- Radio Buttons: allows for multiple selections
- Multi-Select Checkboxes: allows for multiple selections
9. For Use With Which Type of Product allows you to choose what type of standard store product you want your options to apply.
10. Once we have selected and double-checked all of those fields, we can click on CREATE.
Editing The Option Category
1. On the left side of our Product Option Category page, we can edit the Product Option Category we have just created. The first field is labeled Name and here we can change the name of the Category.
2. Internal Name is where we can edit the internal name we previously set.
3. Available is a slider. If On, the Product Option will be seen on the website. If Off, the Product Option will not be seen on the website.
4. Required is also a slider. If On, the Product Option will be required in order for a customer to check out. If Off, the Product Option will not be required at check out.
5. Product Option Selected By Default is where you can choose which option you want the item to default to.
6. Display Price Per Unit Text is also a slider. When turned On, the options within this category will show the additional price per unit field on the live site, right next to the option name.
7. Tooltip Content is where you can add a description of the Product Option.
8. After we have double-checked that everything is correct, we can click on CREATE.
Creating The Options For The Product Option Category
1. On the right side of the page that you are led to after clicking the CREATE button, we can click on the button labeled ADD.
2. This will lead us to a new page where we can select the name of the product option. Once we have added the Name, we can click on CREATE.
3. Now that we have created a Product option, it will be listed on the right side of our Product option category, under the Manage Options. Here, we can click on edit, which will allow us to edit the options of this product option.
4. Here, we can edit the Name of the option if we need to.
5. Available is a slider. If On, the option will be available to our customers. If Off, the option will not be available.
6. Price is where we can add in a Price for the option.
7. After we have double-checked that everything is correct, we can click on UPDATE.
8. You can add as many options as you think will be necessary for your product. They will all populate under your Manage options
Now that we have created Product Option Category and added Product Options, we need to make sure that our Product Option is enabled on the product page in our Standard store. An easy way to access your product options page from here is just to click on the Name of the actual product.
Here, we want to make sure our product option has been enabled by checking the small box next to the name. Make sure you click on SAVE after you have selected all the product options you want to enable on your site.