Art Storefronts is a dynamic platform that allows you or your customers to share images they enjoy to Facebook or other Social Media platforms. When an image is shared to social media, it is shared with a predetermined description. You may find that this description doesn’t work for you or is incorrect. You have the ability to correct or change this via our platform. Below we’ve included directions on how to alter the description people see with your image when being shared to Facebook or another social media.
- If your page has a billboard, it will grab the first billboard image.
- If your page is a store/category/product gallery page, it will grab the first category image OR the first product image that appears.
- If the page does not have a billboard, or it does not contain any categories or products, it will grab your logo image. If you are not using a logo image, then no image will be supplied.
- Log in to your Art Storefronts Control Panel and click on the Store you want to work in. We’ll be using Shop Art.
- Scroll down and find the image you want to work on and click Edit. We’ll be using Alter Ego Trip.
- Find the tab labeled SEO Options and click on it.
- There is a section labeled SEO Title. You will need to input the title that you would like to appear when shared to Social Media.
Please Note: If you leave this field blank our system will use the Product Title as a fallback.
- Next, you will find a section labeled Meta Description. You will need to input the description that you would like to appear when shared to Social Media.
Please Note: If you leave this field blank our system will use the Short Description as a fallback.
- Once you have completed your changes, press Save.
- Click on Preview Live Site.
- Click on the Facebook button to share the image.
- Make sure the Image shares with the appropriate information.