When you are a print studio on Art Storefronts, we strongly recommend setting up your shipping costs based off of weight. Your weights don't have to be exact. Just estimate and begin charging shipping. If you find the prices are too high or low, they can be changed at any time.
Before adding your shipping methods, we suggest researching shipping rates on FedEx and UPS. Make sure to open a Business Account with UPS or FedEx since the business shipping rates are much cheaper than the public rates.
- Log in to your Art storefronts website and in the Jump To menu, select the item labeled Shipping Method.
- On the new page, click the button labeled Add Shipping Method.
- Make sure that the Available slider is set to On so that this shipping method can be used immediately on your website.
- In the Name section provide the Shipping Method with a name and keep in mind that your customers will see this.
- The Location Based On section will allow you to choose either a Country or a State. For your first Shipping Method, we strongly recommend using the Country option.
- Press Next.
- On the next page you will see an option labeled Force Local Tax when selected. Leave this feature set to Off for the purposes of Shipping By Weight.
- The Available on Child Site slider should be set to OFF unless you are a Fulfillment Partner.
- The Internal Description section is not required, but it can be used to write a brief description that only you will see regarding this Shipping Method.
- The Description box can be filled out with a brief description of the Shipping Method that your customer will see.
- In the Countries box, choose the country you would like to apply this Shipping Method to. In this example we have chosen the US and Canada.
- Under Calculate Shipping Based On you will need to make sure to select Cart Weight.
- In the Amount By Weight section you will enter in each weight and its associated shipping Cost.
Please Note: We need to set a lower and upper limit range for a given price you want to charge.
0 => $4.95 (beginning of range)
4.99 => $4.95 (end of range)
5 => $14.95 (beginning of range)
10.99 => $14.95 (end of range)
11 => $24.95
Similar to smart pricing, the system is going to find the closest size/price pair and will apply it. Which is why you need to set the lower and upper range.
- Press Update once you are done.
SETTING UP SHIPPING WEIGHT BY MEDIA TYPE
- Log in to your Art Storefronts website and click on the link to your Warehouse (Art Print Store).
- Click on the tab labeled Media.
- Click Edit on the media type you wish to add weights to.
- Scroll to the section Shipping Weights and begin to enter every size and weight you offer.
- Press Save when you are finished.