When you are starting out on Art Storefronts, we strongly suggest that you begin by using a Flat Rate Shipping Method. this is especially important for artists who are unsure of the weights and costs associated with shipping out their images via weight.
- Log in to your Art Storefronts account and in the Jump To menu select the option labeled Shipping Methods
- On the next page, click on the button that says Add Shipping Method
- Make sure the Available slider is set to On
- Give your Shipping Method a Name.
- In the Location Based On section choose either Country or State. For this example, we chose Country
- Press Next
- On the next page you will see an option labeled Force Local Tax when selected. Leave this feature set to Off for the purposes of Flat Rate Shipping
- The Available on Child Site slider should be set to OFF unless you are a Fulfillment Partner
- The Internal Description section is not required, but it can be used to write a brief description that only you will see regarding this Shipping Method
- The Description box can be filled out with a brief description of the Shipping Method that your customer will see
- In the Countries box, choose the country you would like to apply this Shipping Method to. In this example we have chosen the US and Canada
- Under the Calculate Shipping section you can choose Cart Weight or Cart Subtotal. For this example, we chose Cart Subtotal as the cost is not being calculated based on weight
- In the Amount By Cart Subtotal section you can enter in as many Subtotals as you like along with the cost for the Flat Rate Shipping.
Please Note: We need to set a lower and upper limit range for a given price you want to charge. Example:
0 => 4.95 (beginning of range)
4.99 => 4.95 (end of range)
5 => 14.95 (beginning of range)
10.99 => 14.95 (end of range)
11 => 24.95
Similar to smart pricing, the system is going to find the closest size/price pair and will apply it. Which is why you need to set the lower and upper range.
- When you are done, press Update and the Shipping Method will save to your site