On the Art Storefronts platform, it is possible to create free shipping methods without having to use a credit card. This applies to each customer Art Storefronts has and will work for Standard, Upload and Art Print stores.
In this article we will show you how to create a shipping option that is completely free or discounted by a certain %. We will also show you how to create a shipping option that offers free shipping only after a certain cart subtotal amount.
Note: This feature allows you to override the price of any shipping method and will display and apply discounted shipping instead. However, you will still have to pay for shipping from your fulfillment partner. This is simply your decision to discount shipping for your own customer, likely because you have factored this cost into your product pricing already.
Creating a Completely Free or Discounted Shipping Method
- Log in to your Art Storefronts Site Manager and in the Jump Menu, select Shipping Methods.
- Click on the Shipping Options tab.
- Scroll down to Apply Free or Discounted Price to Shipping Methods. Here you will be able to either set up Free Shipping Options or Discounted Shipping Options.
- Under Free Shipping Options, choose which shipping options you would like to offer for free. In Apply Free Shipping To Specific Methods section, you will see all your shipping options (in the example image below ASF Team), as well as the options from your vendor (if you are connected to one). Checkmark the ones that you would like to offer for free.
- If you do would only like to offer free shipping after the user has reached a certain cart subtotal enter the threshold value to the Minimum Cart Subtotal For Free Shipping To Apply.
Note: This will require the cart subtotal, after discounts, to meet a certain minimum before free shipping will be applied to the shipping methods you have selected here.
- If you would like to only discount the shipping options by a certain %, scroll down to the Discounted Shipping Options section.
- Under Apply Discounted Shipping To Specific Methods, you will see all your shipping options (in the example image below ASF Team), as well as the options from your vendor (if you are connected to one). Checkmark the ones that you would like to discount.
- Under Discount Percentage To Apply, enter % by which you would like to discount the selected shipping methods. This feature allows you to override the price of any shipping method and will display and apply discounted shipping instead.
Note: If you select Free Shipping for a Shipping Method, that selection will take precedence over the discounted one.
- Click Update.