Is your custom domain hosted by GoDaddy? Below you will find easy to follow step-by-step instructions detailing how to set up a custom domain with GoDaddy to point to the Art Storefronts platform. This guide will create the required CNAME record and corresponding 301 redirect that allows your custom domain name to work with Art Storefronts.
Please note that this process is not optional but MANDATORY to complete.
- Navigate to GoDaddy and click on Sign In.
- Click Sign In.
- Enter your Username.
- Enter your Password.
- Click Sign In.
- Once you’re logged in, find the section labeled Domains and click on the Manage.
- Next, choose the domain you want to use and click on the button that looks like a gear. This is the Settings.
- Select the Manage DNS. If you do not see your domains listed as tiles below, in the upper right hand corner click on the 4 squares instead of the three lines.
- Scroll down to the CNAME Record named www and click on the Pencil.
- In the Points To box, enter www.artstorefronts.com. DO NOT, under any circumstances, type in your Art Storefronts subdomain here. Every customer is to enter in "www.artstorefronts.com" in this field
- When you are done, click Save.
- Scroll down the page to the section labeled Forwarding and next to Domain, click Add.
- In the Forward To box, enter your custom domain.
- For Forward Type select Permanent (301).
- Under Settings choose Forward Only.
DO NOT SELECT "FORWARD WITH MASKING" OR IT WILL CAUSE ISSUES!
- Put a checkmark next to Update my nameservers and DNS settings to support this change.
- Click Save.
- Next, navigate to your Art Storefronts Control Panel and click on the tab labeled Site Address.
- Click on the Add New.
- Add your custom domain in the field provided.
- Click Create.