If you are using an image editing program, such as Photoshop, you will have the capability to enter in metadata for all images. We strongly recommend you take advantage of this feature. If you do, when you upload images to Art Storefronts, you will have completed some of the most crucial steps toward making sure each of your images has SEO data on it.
Anyone using the Art Storefronts platform can follow this tutorial. Artists, Print Studios and Galleries will all want to make sure that any images included in an Art Print Store has metadata so they don’t have to go back later to fill everything out.
- Open your file in Photoshop.
- Click on the button labeled File.
- Click on the button labeled File Info.
- A new window will pop up. In this Window, you will see a section labeled Document Title. Here you want to enter in the name of the image. This will be used as the title of the product on your site, as well as the SEO title and it will help generate the product’s Smart URL.
- Next you will see Author. Enter in the name of the Artist who created this piece of art. On your site this will become the Artist Name.
- Description is where you want to enter a short description for the image. This will be transferred into your Short Description box and SEO Meta description box on the site. This should be 1 to 2 sentences long and include a call to action.
- Next, you’ll fill out Keywords. These are going to appears under the Search Keywords section and the SEO Meta keywords section. Please remember though that the search keywords on your website must be edited further from the actual site as they will require hyphens in place of spaces.
- Click Okay.
- Save the image and then upload it to your Art Storefronts Art Print Store.