- Collage Layout
- We recently implemented new layout for things like product galleries and pages. Instead of using a traditional format you now have the ability to use a collage. If you’d like more information on this, please see our article How To: Use The Collage Layout.
- Save Credit Card For Later Use
- We also implemented a feature that allows customers o Artists, Galleries and Print Studios to save a credit card to their account for later use. If you’d like more information on how to use this feature, please see How To: Save a Credit To A Customer Account For Future Use.
- Gift Cards and Gift Certificates
- We implemented the ability to allow our customers to sell gift cards and gift certificates without requiring a shipping cost or taxes being applied tot hem. For more information, please see How To: Offer Gift Cards On Your Site.
- Non-Clickable Navigation Text
- We recently implemented a new page type that allows you to create a heading in your navigation bar that is not actually clickable and instead will display a drop down menu of items when set up properly.
- PCI Compliance Update
- We recently implemented a large update to the platform to fall in line with the best practices for PCI compliance. This makes your sessions and the sessions of your customers more secure.
- Blog Updates
- We recently made enhancements to the blogs you can use on your website. Two new widgets have been added and we improve d the overall look and feel of the blog. It is now more traditional and easier to read (see: How To: Create A Blog On Your Art Storefronts Website and How To: Add A Blog Widget).
- Marketing Calendar
- We implemented a calendar to help artists and print studios create a marketing strategy and follow it (see: The Ultimate Art Marketing Calendar).
- Success Plan Update For Artists and photographers
- Multiple updates to the Success Plan were implemented for Artists and Photographers. Phase 3 was removed and Phase 2 was consolidated and updated with pertinent and correct links.
- Automated Lead Capture E-mails
- The lead capture tool has been enhanced to automatically send out reminder e-mails to customers (see: How To: Set Up The Lead Capture Tool and Lead Capture Enhancement- Automated Expiration Reminders).
- Site Auditor
- We implemented a new tool that artists can review to make sure they are following the best practices Art Storefronts has put in place (see: Everything You Need To Know About The Site Auditor And Announcing The Site Auditor- Your New Art-Selling Personal Assistant).
- Art Storefronts Blog Tag
- We added a new tag to the blog. Now when searching you can use #newfeature or [new feature] to find articles regarding the addition of features on the ASF platform.
- Success Plan
- Various Success Plan updates for Art Sellers as well as Print Studios, based on the latest best practices for site setup and marketing tactics.
- Conversion Doctor
- New feature added to give more insights on conversion (see: Everything You Need To Know About The Conversion Doctor and Announcing The Conversion Doctor).
- Product Gallery Sorting
- Users are now able to sort images into a specific order within a product gallery that uses keywords (see: How To: Create A Product Gallery Using Keywords).
- Sales And Customer Acquisition Reports
- In many cases, the only thing stopping many business owners from executing on data-driven decisions is the lack of easily available data. Where did your customers come from? What is the ROI on your latest digital marketing campaign? Now, the answers are just a few clicks away. These are powerful new windows into your customer base that will provide you with actionable insight – so that when you install our built-in lead capture tool, you'll be able to instantly track how well that feature is performing (see: Everything You Need To Know About The Sales & Customer Acquisition Report).
- Automated Fulfillment
- Upgrade to print-fulfillment functionality, whereby you can get paid directly and immediately into your own merchant account even when you outsource your printing.
- Upgrade to print-fulfillment functionality, where you can sell your own items alongside prints that will be outsourced, charge your own shipping, taxes, etc. The shopping cart will be separated into separate shopping baskets (similar to how it works on Amazon.com) based on who the shipper is (see: Fulfillment Program).
- Infinite Scrolling
- A very important feature update making it easier and faster for your customers to browse hundreds, if not thousands of images, all on one page without having to click deep into nested pages (see: Goodbye Pagination, Hello Infinite Scrolling).
- Trust Badges
- Lead Capture Tool
- New Billboard
- We released a new type of billboard that is much for streamlined and responsive. It is called Slippery (see: How To: Create A Slippery Billboard).
- New Themes
- We released 2 new, responsive themes. They are called Sleek Light and Sleek Dark (see: Everything You Need To Know About Migrating To Theme 2.0).
- Unsold Cart
- Before, if someone was performing a guest checkout, you couldn't see the unsold cart because they hadn't created an account yet. Now, once the customer provides their email address, we will show you their unsold cart in the unsold carts section of the site manager. This means you now will have more unsold carts that you can attack to increase your conversion rates (see: Everything You Need To Know About The Unsold Cart Feature).
- Product Options Added
- Product options are available to add variants to products (see: How To: Create Product Options For Items In A Standard Store).
- Site Statistics Upgrade
- After learning how infrequently our customers in general are reviewing and making decisions based on data from Google Analytics, we did an overhaul of the site statistics section to make it super easy for our customers (and their employees) to focus on the same key metrics that expert digital marketers do.
- Form For Art Fairs
- Do you have a retail side to your business, or are you an artist or photographer who does art fairs or shows? If yes, this feature is for you, and it is something you must implement because it will not only help you acquire new customers, it will help you get more business from existing customers particularly when they are NOT physically with you in person. In the new digital age -- you must be doing this, and can't afford to let your customers buy online from others (trust us -- they are) when they are not physically in your store. when they could be buying online from you. But you can't get online sales from these customers unless you have a way to reach them AFTER they leave your store.
- Order Time Stamps
- Orders are now time-stamped in your local time zone, based on your computer settings.
- Size Restrictions
- Custom styles now have size restrictions for more flexible customization options.
- Custom SMTP Servers Added
- Use your own SMTP servers to send mail from Art Storefronts (see: How To: Use A Custom SMTP Server To Send ASF E-mails From Your Own Mail Server).
- Coupon Restrictions
- User can now set how many times a coupon can be used by a specific contact before it becomes invalid (not available with automatic coupons).
- User can now set a minimum cart subtotal for coupons (both regular and automatic), so that the cart subtotal must reach a certain amount before the coupon becomes valid.
- Theme Editor
- We've launched a brand new theme editor! Now you can point, click, and change styles with ease (see: How To: Use The Theme Editor (Edit Design Button)).
- Lead Content
- Added "lead content" and next and previous buttons to product gallery pages.
- Detailed Description and Specification Content Area
- Added an area for a detailed description and product specification
- Previous and Next Buttons
- The "previous/ next" buttons on the product pages were not previously functional. We have added functionality to these to skip to the next image/ product.
- Fixed Pricing
- Fixed pricing on media, frames, style finish and print options are now available. Previously, percentage was the only available option.
- Export Order Via XML
- Exporting orders now allows you to export via XML by specific date range, and order status
- Order Stats Menu Changes
- Added drop-down menus to order status page so that you no longer need to go into each order to modify the status.
- Sort Custom Frames
- Implemented ability to sort custom frames.
- Shipping Tooltips
- Added Shipping tooltips. There will now be a question mark next to each shipping method with a tooltip that appears when hovered over with more information regarding that method. This allows the customer to get a better description on the methods, which can help avoid confusion whilst ordering.
- Custom Finishes and Print Option Text
- Ability to modify "Custom Finishes" and "Print Options" text. This can be found under the Personalize tab on the Store page.
- Download Images From The Site Manager
- Print Store images now available for download from site manager.
- Wall Preview Upgrades
- Now goes full screen width, and pins to top of page for a more robust experience.
- There is now unlimited height, which means your images can be as tall as you need, and the wall preview will still work.
- Lobby background image updated to something a bit nicer.
- Tablet experience is incredible as it goes full screen, allowing for a great in-person experience. This is a game changer for artists and art galleries who frequently sell in person and can accommodate the needs of a customer in the palm of their hand.
- 301 Redirect Upload Capability
- You can now import 301 redirects in bulk (see: How To: Set Up A 301 Redirect).
- Share Category E-mail
- Created for portrait and event photographers who need to easily send a professional email to their client which contains a sample image, a direct link to their gallery of images, as well as a password to get access (if applicable).
- Bulk Edit For Images In An Art Print Store
- This one is for all the Artists, Photographers, and Galleries out there. We empathized with having to individually edit each image in your store. Now, you don't have to. You can now mass apply changes to as many images as you'd like, all at one time (see: How To: Bulk Edit Items In An Art Print Store).
- Original Art Products Now Available
- We've now made it even easier to create Original Art Products and sell them online (see: How To: Add An Original To An Art Print Store and How To: Upload An Original Product Into A Standard Store Without Offering A Print).
- Bulk Order Export Available in XML
- In addition to this, we've also add various other order information to the export for all of your reporting needs.
- Site Speed Optimization
- We had a breakthrough and are deploying this feature right now. For example, a 50mb file would normally take around 73 seconds, and now it takes around 31 seconds. For print studios - Because the buying process will be markedly faster for all of your customers, we expect this to improve new customer acquisition, as well as help show your existing customers that you are constantly investing in improving their buying experience.
- Quantity Field Added To Order Process
- The purpose is to (1) encourage people to order multiple quantities in order to increase average order sizes and (2) make the buying process more efficient as another incremental improvement to the overall customer buying experience.
- Form From Field
- Minor quality of life improvement here. You can now specific which e-mail address you want to show as the "From" field on a contact form.
- Incompatible Size Warning
- Another customer experience improvement that is designed to make sure that your customers are aware of all the media types you offer, even though their image or chosen size might be incompatible. For example, say they upload an image that can only be printed 4x6, and you only allow canvas wraps for images that are at least 8x10. It will now show the canvas as an "inactive" media type, and will provide a hover tooltip to inform the customer of what is going on.
- Art Cluster Projects
- Create products where customers can upload multiple images (instead of just one) and crop them to the specific required sizes, and add it to their shopping cart, all on one convenient page (see: How To: Create An Art Cluster Project In A Standard Store).
- New Coupon Code Options
- Print studios requested this feature, particularly those who cater to sports, school, or other photographers where they need to be able to provide discounts based on the specific image, the specific media type, and the specific size. This allows a photographer to upload an image and receive a discount based on the quantity of prints they buy (see: How To: Create A Coupon That Requires A Code To Be Entered For A Discount On Shopping Cart Items).
- Sorting Shipping Methods
- Typically, shipping methods are sorted from low to high price. Now, you can manually sort your shipping methods into the order you would like them to appear. To make use of this new feature, visit the "Shipping Methods" section within your site manager.
- Google Sitemaps For Google Webmaster Tools
- This is useful for letting Google know about your website, for SEO purposes (see: How To: Add A Sitemap To The Google Search Console).
- Border Color Auto Select
- This is just a "fine-tuning" improvement to the overall experience for your customers buying canvas wraps. Before, they could select the color picker, but it wouldn't automatically CHANGE the selection of the canvas border to THAT selection. Now, it does.
- Pagination On Store Category Pages
- This allows for faster page loading times, and a better user experience, if you have hundreds (if not thousands) of images on a page.
- Actual Size Option Added To Upload Store
- This is an additional option that will allow your customer, if you choose, to be able to bypass cropping (if you are using the cropping tool) and select the exact size of their image, down to the decimal point. You can turn this setting "On" when editing your store page, on the INFO tab, in the "Cropping Tool" settings.
- Image Overflow Functionality For Proper Wrap Visualization
- Now, you can allow your customers to visualize a gallery wrap when image overflow is selected with precision. When the customer chooses a different size, the border size will adjust on the fly
- Pagination On Visitor Upload Store Page and Search Functionality
- When you have customers, who might upload tons of images, this can be a real help to their user experience. First, with pagination, you can make sure the page loads quickly. Next, with search functionality, you can provide a great convenience to your customer who can now search images and make purchases faster.
- Print Packing Slips
- In your Orders section, you can now print packing slips that don't contain pricing. This PDF will also be included within each order download zip file.
- Order History and Order Notes
- Every order will now have a trackable history with a date and time, so that you have a permanent record of every time it changed status. Furthermore, you can add a permanent note to the order record, and these notes can be included in the emails that are sent to your customer when you choose to update them on the status of an order.
- Additional Order Statuses
- By popular request from this forum post, we learned that these statuses could save some of you a few hours per week so we added several new statuses.
- Default Parent Store Option Added For Child Websites
- Now, you can set the "Default Parent Store" page on a child website, on the INFO & SETTINGS tab. You'll want to do this when setting up a new child website (and probably go update the ones you have already set up, too). This will empower your child website user to be able to create new stores whenever they wish, whereby the new store will automatically be paired to the "Default Parent Store" you have established. They will immediately see all the media types, options, and pricing associated with that store. This will also save you the hassle of having to pair each store page as they are created!
- Image Zoom Feature Added
- This can be activated or deactivated in any of your stores, as you see fit. Here's what the zoom feature will allow your customer to see when they hover over a product image:
- PayPal Checkout Option (deprecated 2016)
- PayPal has always been an option when using the PayPal shopping cart with your Art Storefronts site. But now, PayPal is now a checkout option within the Art Storefronts shopping cart. If you'd like to accept payments via PayPal, simply activate this option in your INFO & SETTINGS section (see: How To: Set Up PayPal Standard AS a Payment Method).
- Automated Coupons
- Would you rather have discounts applied automatically, rather than requiring your customer to enter in a coupon code? This is what automated coupons are all about. Also, they can be "stacked", meaning, multiple can be utilized at the same time. They can also be used in conjunction with an actual coupon code that is entered in (see: How To: Create A Coupon That Applies Automatically).
- Increased Account Security
- We updated our password validation to require 8 characters, one uppercase letter, one lowercase letter, and one digit. This is not only for your own Art Storefronts account; but for your customers who are establishing accounts on your websites as well.
- Toggle Shipping Methods For Child Sites On or Off
- Many of our customers offer in-store pickup as a shipping option. However, when dealing with child websites, this shipping method may not be applicable and you might want to turn it (or any other shipping method) off. Now, you can do so when editing a given shipping method within your site manager.
- Site Speed Improvements
- As we continue adding more customers, and you (our customers) continue getting more traffic and activity on your websites, we get to investigate where the heavy usage is and then make optimizations to speed up the user experience as much as possible. Today, we just deployed some major optimizations. You will therefore probably notice that your page loading time is much faster. You'll also notice that shopping carts that contain dozens of individual items are super snappy as well.
- Export Orders To A File
- Now, you can not only easily export orders, but we've organized the data in a convenient way where product sales, shipping sales, and tax amounts are properly segregated. This will allow you to track the key metrics of your business while also making your accounting process easier (see: How To: Export Orders).
- Size Limit Notifications On The Cropping Tool
- Now, when a user is selecting an area with the cropping tool and reaches a minimum or maximum size, the system will provide a beautiful overlay message that tells the user that they have reached the minimum size. Furthermore, if a user wants to rotate the orientation of an image when using the cropping tool, and the image cannot be rotated for size or quality reasons, it will likewise provide a message telling them that it cannot be done.
- Quick Downloading of Order Assets
- Now, you can download every image as well as a printable/emailable order PDF file, for a given order, with one click. In your orders section, this means you could start downloading everything you need to process 20 orders in seconds (see: Everything You Need To Know About Downloading Orders And Their Filenames).
- Phone Number Required
- A phone number is now required at checkout. It previously was not required.
- Automatic Order E-mails
- Now, whenever you update the shipping status of any order, you have the option to send an email to your customer that will notify them of the change in status. This will further save you back and forth time.
- New Shipping Status
- "Ready for Pickup" and "Picked Up", which will gracefully handle the status flow of customers who are picking up orders in your shop.
- Media Types Additions
- Wood, Glass, and Banner default media types have been added to the platform.
- Instagram to Print
- Added a feature that allows customers to use their Instagram account to upload a photo for purchase (see: Everything You Need To Know About Instagram To Print).
- Smart Pricing for style Finishes
- You can now dial in sophisticated pricing for different style finishes right down to the penny (see: How To: Set Prices Using Smart Pricing).
- Social Pro
- Added a powerful new feature that allows you to utilize Social Media to up conversions (see: Everything You Need To Know About Social Pro).
- Additional Payment Methods Added
- Art storefronts now allows the use of Stripe, Authorize.net and PayPal Standard (deprecated 2016) (see: How To: Add Your Stripe Secret Key To Your Shopping Cart, How To: Set Up Authorize.net As A Payment Method, and How To: Set Up PayPal Standard As A Payment Method).
- Advanced Discount Coupons
- Now, you can create discount codes based on specific media types, products, or even apply a discount code to all the products within a specific store page. You can also require minimum quantities, and set specific graduating quantity levels where the discount percentage will increase based on the quantity (see: How To: Create A Coupon That Requires A Code To Be Entered For A Discount On Shopping Cart Items).
- Wood Print Background Modification
- You now can modify the grain of wood prints. The person implementing this will need a knowledge of CSS coding and Technical Support cannot aid with this (see: How To: Change Wood Background Images Or Styles).
- Accepted File Types
- To give our print studios even more capabilities, we've worked to maximize the variety of supported image formats. We added PSD, EPS, SVG, WepB, ICO, and BMP to this list. Here's a list of all the currently accepted file types: JPG, TIFF, PDF, PNG, GIF, BMP, ICO, SVG, EPS, PSD, WebP (see: Everything You Need To Know About Uploaded Images).
- Guest User Functionality
- A "guest user" is someone creating things on your website (like uploading images and such) but has not logged in, nor created an account. Now, when these users create things, they will be saved into a secure session. This will dramatically improve the user's overall experience.
- Accept Resale Certificates and Set Customers As Tax Exempt
- Buying Wholesale from a Parent Site (as well as a Fulfillment Site- added April 2016)
- If a child website can set their own mark-ups, they may also purchase wholesale from the parent site. (see: How To: Buy Prints At Wholesale Prices).
- Turn Media Types On or Off
- Child websites now have the option to turn media types on or off depending on what they would like to display in their store. This can be done by opening the Art Print Store and click on the tab labeled media.
- Enabled Pasting From Right Clicking
- While right clicking is generally disabled an adjustment was made to allow customers to right-click to paste information in forms during the checkout process.
- Delete Shipping and Billing Addresses
- Registered users, during the checkout process, can delete previously added billing and shipping addresses.
- Abandoned Carts Assigned to Visitors
- Previously if an image was uploaded while a user was not logged in to their account it would not assign to them. It now assigns to them.
- Billboard Updates
- You can now specify how long each image should appear before transitioning to the next.
- You can specify the duration of the transition itself.
- The previous and next buttons have been changed to icons instead of images. (see: How To: Create A Legacy Billboard)
- Shopping Cart Lead and Ending Content
- You can now add text to your shopping cart page. From your Art Storefronts Control Panel, you can click on Info & Settings and then Shopping Cart and fill out your lead and ending content.
- Smart Pricing
- Style finishes can now use smart pricing when previously it only allowed for linear (deprecated in 2016) pricing (see: How To: Set Prices Using Smart Pricing).
- Upload Multiple Images At A Time
- Previously, a visitor was only able to upload one image at a time. Now, a visitor can upload multiple images at once and complete it in one checkout process (see: Everything You Need To Know About Customer Uploads And Uploading Files For Them).
- Upload Images On Behalf Of The Customer
- You can now upload an image to an existing user account or create a new user account and upload images to it (see: Everything You Need To Know About Customer Uploads And Uploading Files For Them).
- Continue Shopping Button
- A continue shopping button was added to the cart page. This will redirect customers to the previous page they were on before reaching the shopping cart.
- Third Party Custom Login Area
- Your customers can now create an account.
- For Print Studios, this also means that customers can now save their upload history in a secure fashion. They may come back at any time to access and order a previously uploaded image.
- Design Modifications to the Upload To Print page
- Implemented a new, larger, and cleaner upload form to improve customer engagement and conversion rates.
- Child Websites and Markups
- (For Authorized Print Studios Only) If you would prefer not to use a revenue split as a means of adding new artists with child websites, you can set your wholesale prices and allow them to add their own mark-ups (see How To: Enable Mark-Ups If You Are A Print Studio).
- Print Studio Image Downloads From Child Sites
- Your artist/photographers can upload high resolution files directly to their child website and once they receive an order, you can download it.