Now you can create coupons that apply automatically to your product price regardless of the type os site you have with us. The only users who may not be able to create a coupon are those who are on the old, discontinued child sites.
There are many types of coupons that can be used and in this article, we will be addressing how to create a coupon that will apply to your products automatically. This discount is going to be applied to items in the shopping cart. This will not apply to shipping costs. If you want to create a coupon that applies to the shipping cost, please see our article How To: Create a Coupon That Requires a Code To Be Entered For a Discount on Shipping.
Please Note: Before beginning this process, please be aware of the following:
- Our coupon expirations are based on 12a.m. CST.
- When a coupon is deleted, it is deleted from all shopping carts (or products) that have added the coupon within 1 hour. If you want to expire a coupon quickly, the best thing to do is delete it.
- The day after a coupon expires (so long as the expiration date is still set to yesterday), at 6am CST, the coupon will be removed from any shopping carts (or products) that have the coupon added. We have added the extra time to account for West Coast and Hawaii, and because it is always nice to give an unspoken grace period for customers rushing to get orders in at the deadline. It is therefore safe to change the expiration date after 8am CST on the following day after a coupon expires. To be absolutely safe, It is always best to delete the expired coupon to ensure that it has been removed from all carts and products, and just create a new one.
- COUPONS THAT YOU MUST ENTER A CODE FOR WILL STACK ON TOP OF AUTOMATIC DISCOUNTS
- Log in to your Art Storefronts Site Manager and in the Jump To Menu select Discount Coupons/Gift Cards.
- Click on the button labeled Add Coupon.
- When Should This Coupon Be Applied needs to be set to Automatically.
- In the Code section, you can enter a title. This will not need to be entered by your customers.
- Apply Discount To can only be set to Shopping Cart Items.
- Allow Discount Based On has multiple options available. You will need to choose one.
- Quantities of All Items In Shopping Cart: This will apply to all items in the shopping cart, but with the ability to set specific quantities that must be met for each (i.e. Buy 3, get 10% Off).
- Quantity of Specific Products: This allows you to choose exact product names from all the products you have on your website, and make them discountable. You can also require a minimum quantity. Maybe you want to close out or promote a specific item?
- Quantities of All Products Using Specific Media Types: This will allow you to set a discount for a print, within an art store page, that is using a specific media type. You can also require a minimum quantity. Maybe you want to offer a temporary discount on your canvas prints? (i.e. 30% OFF All Canvas Prints, or Buy 3 Canvas Prints, Get 30% OFF)
- Quantities of All Products Within Specific Stores: This will allow you to apply a discount to all products within an entire store. You can also require a minimum quantity. This is great if you want to provide a wholesale discount that can be used to buy anything in an upload store, or if you want to discount a particular category or artist in your art store.
- Quantity of A Line Item That Has The Same Medium(s) and Size(s): This feature is currently in BETA and may not work 100% of the time. This is used for discounts on multiple items of the same size and medium type.
Please Note: A line item is a specific line item in the shopping cart. Therefore, when someone uploads a separate image and adds it to the cart, it is a different line item and the discount will not be aggregated based on all of them.
- Click on Next.
- On the next page you will see the option labeled Available. It is a slider and if it is set to On the coupon will be available on the website. If it is set to Off the coupon will not be available.
- Code is not required, but if you previously put a title in it you can change the that here.
- Description is where you can enter a short description of what the coupon is for. In our example we mention that this coupon is for 15% off of the items on the site.
- is the date on which you want your coupon to be available for use on your site.
- Valid Through is the date on which you wish the coupon to expire.
Please Note: The end date is set for 100 years in the future. This is by default so a coupon is not set to expire on the same day. This can be changed to any date you would like.
- Minimum Cart Subtotal Requirement is where you can set a price that must be met before the coupon can be used.
- Coupon Type is where you select what kind of discount type. For automatic discounts, this is locked to percentage discount type.
- Amount By Quantity is the section where you can set up your discounts. Four our purposes we are offering 15% off of our entire store and it is not dependent on a specific number of products. In our case we will be entering the quantity as 1 and the discount as 15%.
- When you are satisfied with your changes, click Save.