In several instances, you will need to charge taxes on the sales you make. Please be sure to refer to your state’s tax laws as we cannot advise you on when and where you will need to charge taxes. Any user on the Art storefronts platform can create a tax method.
Please Note: If you are an artist using and Fulfillment Vendor, you still MUST set up your own tax methods. They will not be inherited from your Fulfillment Vendor.
- Log in to your Art Storefronts Control Panel and in the Jump To Menu select Tax Methods.
- Click on the button labeled +Add Tax Method.
- On the next page you will see a slider labeled Available. If this is set to On the Tax Method will be offered on the website. If it is set to Off the Tax Method will not be offered on the website.
- Under Name, provide the Tax Method with a descriptive name and keep in mind that your customer will see this name.
- The Description box is where you can enter a brief description of the Tax Method. Customers will see this.
- Internal Description is where you can enter a description that customers will not see.
- Next is Location Based On. You will want to choose State here in order to apply tax to an entire state or group of states.
- Rate is where you can set the Tax Rate that will be charged.
- Under Include Shipping In Calculation, make sure it is set to True.
- Click Create.
- On the next page, scroll down to the section labeled States and select the states you want to apply the Tax Method.
- Click Update and your Tax Method will be created and applied to your website.