When you’re working on your site, you are going to need to upload images so that you can sell your Art. The place to do this (for prints) is going to be within the Art Print Store. In these stores, you’ll upload your images in one of our approved formats (you can read more about that in Everything You Need to Know About Uploaded Images).
If you’d like to learn how to upload images into your Art Print Store, please follow the directions below.
- Log in to your Art Storefronts Site Manager and click on the Art Print Store you want to upload images into. Today, we will be working in the Art Print Store titled Warehouse.
- You’ll be taken to a new page where you will need to make sure you are on the tab labeled This is where you’re going to be given the option to upload your images.
- Once you’ve made sure you’re on the tab labeled Products, you’ll need to locate and click the button labeled +Add Products. This button will allow you the ability to upload images into your Art Print Store.
- A new window will appear that allows you to find the images you want to upload. In this window, click on the image you want to upload into your Art Print Store.
- Once you’ve selected the image (or images) you want to upload, you’ll need to click on the button labeled Open.
- Your screen will then dim and you will be shown the progress of the image you chose to upload to your Art Print Store.
- Once the image has finished uploading and processing, you can scroll down your page and you will see that the image has been uploaded and is ready for use on your website.
How to: Display the Image on your website
1. Still in the Warehouse, scroll down until you see your products. There is a a section that reads Display Selected On Your Website.
2. Please select the product you want to display then click on Go just below Display Selected On Your Website.
3. A pop-up will show displaying your Galleries
4. Next to each gallery, there are links that
- Quick Edit - This will pop up a small window that will allow you to change your gallery's name
- Edit - This will open a new tab on your browser where you can edit the gallery properties
- View - This will open a new window on your browser showing your gallery as seen on your live site
5. Please select the Galleries that you'd like to display on then click on Update.
Table of Contents
Before you start uploading images to your store, you want to make sure that the files have the correct specifications.
- Accepted file formats are JPG, TIFF, and PNG images, but recommend using JPG where possible.
- 8-bit RGB files only.
To make sure your image file is in RGB, check the file info or image settings in your image editing program. Additionally, for optimum expected results make sure that your image file has an embedded Adobe RGB or sRGB color space profile. Please note, Graphik will honor the profile that is present in the image records and does not alter the coloration or auto-color-correct. If an uploaded image doesn't have an embedded profile, a standard sRGB profile will be added to the image in order to normalize it. For more information, please read Image File Specifications.
- Accepted file formats are JPG, TIFF, and PNG, but JPG is preferred.
- 8-bit RGB files only
- Embedded color space should be either sRGB or Adobe RGB.
- Other color spaces can be embedded, but our processes may not be able to reproduce all the colors within larger gamuts, such as ProPhoto RGB.
- Our site can accept .jpeg, .tiff, .psd, .pdf
- Embedded color space should be Adobe RGB.
For more information on file types, size, and other specification read this article on Everything You Need to Know About Uploading Images to Display in an Art Print Store
Upload Your Image
If you don’t upload your images, you won’t have prints to sell. The correct way to do this is to upload them into your Art Print Store (commonly named Warehouse).
Creating a print product is very straightforward. All you need to do is upload an image!
- Let’s start by creating a new product. Log in to your Site Manager, and find your Art Print Store. By default, we call it Warehouse. Click on this.
- On this page make sure you are on the Products tab.
- Find the button labeled +ADD PRODUCTS and click on it.
Art Storefronts Recommendation: Don’t upload multiple images at once to start with; upload ONE image, because you’re going to want to double-check the sizes offered before progressing. Once you have an understanding of how it works, then you can upload more.
- Navigate to the image on your computer which you want to upload and click on it. This will select the image for you and you should see an outline appear around it.
Art Storefronts Recommendation: If you’ve checked your images by uploading one you can upload several images at a time. To do this you can hold down the CONTROL button (on PC) or the COMMAND button (on a MAC) and click on several images. DO NOT UPLOAD MORE THAN 3-5 IMAGES AT A TIME. Uploading more than 3-5 images at a time may cause some uploads to fail or may cause the upload processing time to take much longer than necessary.
- When you’re sure you have selected the image, find the button labeled Open and image or images you have selected will begin to upload.
- The browser window will darken, and the status of your upload will be displayed.
- After the images have uploaded, your images will appear under uploaded images.
Check Image Sizes
Before you go any further and get in too deep with uploading your images, you need to upload one and check its sizes. We’ll show you how to do this here.
- On the image you just uploaded, click "Edit," which is located directly above the image.
- Now select the tab labeled Available Sizes.
- You should see all the sizes available for this image. If you find there aren’t enough sizes offered or the sizes are very small, you may need a higher resolution image - you may want to re-read the section on image sizes.
Sizes can be individually enabled and disabled, and for convenience you may find the Toggle All:Off and Toggle All:On switches to the right of the sizes to be useful. Just make sure you click on the Save button after making any changes, so your changes will be saved.
Troubleshooting Common Issues
My sizes aren’t large enough
First and foremost, Art Storefronts will only offer and display sizes that will produce good results when printed. This is all based on the file you have supplied to the platform.
How can I offer larger sizes?
Did you attempt to shoot images yourself, from a mobile phone?
Mobile phones cannot, yet, produce large enough resolution images to be able to print large files. If this is the way you captured your images, you can get a DSLR camera and shoot them or you can have your art captured professionally. If this is something you are not willing to do, you will have to live with the quality limitations of your mobile phone. Art Storefronts cannot make any exceptions here.
Did you get your art captured professionally?
Usually, professional capture provides extremely high-resolution images. In most cases, you will not have limitations in terms of being able to offer larger sizes. If you have found that you are having limitations, please contact us. You may also want to contact the company who captured your images and have them inspect what they provided you to ensure that you are working with high resolution files.
What do I do next?
Since you got all your images uploaded, now's the time to start working on your media types! Figure out which mediums you want to offer and those that you don't want to offer. For more information, check out our video, How To: Enable and Disable Mediums in an Art Print Store