Table of Contents
What is a wholesale order?
If your website uses automated fulfillment (i.e. you do not do your own printing), you can make your own "wholesale" print orders right from your own website. This will allow you to buy prints directly from the company who is currently handling your print fulfillment, at wholesale prices (in other words, your markups will be removed from the pricing), and you will NOT be charged transaction fees for these specific orders.
This is commonly done by artists and photographers on our platform who sell at local art fairs or in retail art galleries and need to get prints made so they can sell them in person. When you buy prints directly from your fulfillment partner, you have the prints shipped to you, and you'll have a record of everything within your Art Storefronts site manager - therefore making this process incredibly simple. If you haven't already, we highly recommend reading our blog post "Benefits of Using the Wholesale Orders Feature".
We use the term "wholesale" in this article to explain that your markups will not be applied to your pricing, allowing you to place an order at the exact cost your fulfillment vendor is charging you. When markups are applied, we consider this "retail" pricing. Please know that this does NOT mean your fulfillment vendor will charge you anything different than what you already see when editing your markups on a given Store page. You will still be charged exactly what you see on that page. Please do NOT contact your fulfillment vendor and ask what "wholesale prices" are.
- Locate the Jump To menu at the top right-hand side of your Site Manager.
- Select the Order department in the drop-down menu.
- Once the Order department loads, click on the black tab labeled SELF-MADE ORDERS.
- Locate the black button on the left side of the screen that says + NEW ORDER. This will allow us to begin the wholesale order process.
Shipping & Billing information
- You will need to create a wholesale contact for your website using the same email attached to your Art Storefronts platform. If you're unsure which email address this is, you can check this under your Account page at the very top of the screen.
Click on New Customer to begin creating your wholesale contact.
- Fill in your first name, last name, and email address associated with your Art Storefronts platform.
- Add a phone number to your contact. You have the option for Business, Mobile, and Home phone number.
- Turn the Tax Exempt status ON. Since you are purchasing wholesale, your order will be tax exempt.
- Turn the Can Buy Wholesale? setting to ON. This setting is required to be ON when placing a wholesale order.
- If the box next to Send Welcome Email To Customer has an "X", then you will receive a confirmation email that you're customer account has been created. This will also allow you to see what the customers will receive whenever they sign-up on your website.
- Once all the details have been added, you can click on CREATE to save your wholesale contact.
- Now that the page has refreshed, you will see an order number along with your customer name and the Can Buy Wholesale? option will appear as "Yes." If the wholesale option says "No" then you will need to go back to your Contacts and turn the Can Buy Wholesale setting on in the contact. You may have accidentally forgotten to turn on this setting.
- Now we will need to add the Shipping Address to the order. Since this is a new contact, you will need to select the Create New Address option.
- The first field will be the Address Name. For example: Home, Business, Studio, etc.
- Enter in the First and Last Name for this shipping address. This shipping address will be saved to your wholesale contact.
- Enter in the address details for your shipping address. All fields are required, other than the Address 2 field.
- Once all the details have been added for your shipping address, click on the black Create New Address button to save the address to the order and wholesale contact.
- Now you will have the option to apply the same address to your billing address. If you would like to use the same address, make sure the box has a checkmark and it will automatically apply it to step 3. Billing Address. If not, leave the box without a checkmark.
- Select 3. Billing Address to confirm the billing address for the order. This needs to be confirmed even if you applied the shipping address to this field. Please, don't skip this step.
- If you automatically applied the address, review the billing address to make the address is correct.
- If you need to use a different address for your Billing Address, click on the Create New Address field.
- Follow steps 16 - 19 in this article to add your New Billing Address to the order.
- Now it's time to add the products to your wholesale order. Click on the next step 4. + Add Items.
- You have the option to search for the exact products you would like to purchase or you can click on Go to see a list of all your products available on your website.
- Once you have located a product you would like to purchase, click on the black button labeled Select.
- Select the Media Type.
- Select the product Size.
- Select the Styles.
- Once you are done selecting the Art Print details, click on the black Continue> button to review your product.
- You will now see a Summary of your art print product.
- You can Add a Message to the product for the fulfillment vendor is needed. This is optional.
- Select the Quantity. The product will default to "1". You can change this if you would like to order more than one.
- You have the option to Price Override the product. This shouldn't be used during your wholesale order. This feature should only be used in regular self-made orders only!
If you use this feature during a wholesale order, your fulfillment vendor will contact you for the remaining balance of your order before they will begin printing the order.
- After you have confirmed the print summary, click on the black button labeled Add To Cart to add the art print product to your shopping cart.
- On the right side of the screen, you will now see the product details.
- Once you have added all your wholesale products to the cart, click on the next step 5. Shipping Methods.
- Confirm the shipping method listed for your wholesale order.
Do not override your shipping method. This feature is available for your self-made orders only. If you override your shipping method amount, your fulfillment vendor will contact you for the remaining balance before they will begin printing your order.
- Step 6. Discount can be skipped. If you are receiving the BOGO discount from your fulfillment vendor, this will appear for you automatically in the final step of the order.
Review & pay
- Select step 7. Review & Pay to review all the order details.
- Scroll down the page and locate the Payment Method. This should appear as Purchase by Website Owner.
The wholesale order will be charged to the credit card on file for your ASF platform. This is the only way to purchase the wholesale order without receiving transaction fees. If you need to review your credit card on file and/or add a different card for this order, please review How To: Update Your Credit Card On File For ASF Payments.
- If you're a customer in the United States using either Skyline Art Prints or Bay Photo, your first wholesale order will qualify for a BOGO offer. The details of the discount will appear in this step. Please be sure to state which print you would like a BOGO of. If this print isn't listed within the note field, the fulfillment vendor will select the print for you.
- Once you have reviewed everything for the order, click on the black button labeled Place Order to send your wholesale order to your fulfillment vendor.
- Congratulations! You have placed your first wholesale order! If you have the time, please send us your feedback at email@example.com. We would love to hear about your experience and any suggestions you may have about the wholesale process.