As an Artist using Automated Fulfillment on Art Storefronts, your Fulfillment Vendor provides you several different mediums for use in your Art Print Store. These mediums can range from paper, to canvas, wood, metal, acrylic and almost everything in between. While variety is the spice of life, the number of options being offered to you may be overwhelming and your customers may also feel overwhelmed by the sheer number of unfiltered options. So, here, we're going to show you how to turn media types on or off in your Art Print Store and we’ll offer some troubleshooting steps if you encounter issues editing these options.
Table of Contents
Art Storefronts Recommendation:
We suggest launching your site with 5-7 medium types enabled:
- 1-2 Fine Art Paper
- 1x Canvas Gallery Wrap
- 1-2 Metal Print
- 1 Acrylic (as an aspirational/high-end print option)
- 1x Photo Paper (as a budget print option)
Enable/Disable Media Types
- Make sure you are logged in to your Site Manager and locate the Art Print Store page you'd like to select Frame options for.
- On the next page click on the tab labeled Media.
- This tab will give you 2 options. "Art Prints" which will display Fine Art Print mediums from the Vendor you are connected to, and "Merch" which will display a selection of Merch items from our Merch Vendor, Gooten.
- After you’ve selected the correct tab, you will see every available Medium or Merch option. Here you can use the On/Off toggle switch to Enable/Disable selected Medium or Merch.
Art Storefronts Staff Recommendation
We also wanted to share our personal favorite media types with you if you are unsure which media to start off with. Keep in mind that these are not based on any data in sales or anything like that, just Art Storefronts staff's favorites.
Bay Photo Media Recommendations:
- Photo Paper: Kodak Endura Lustre (both popular and personal preference)
- Canvas: Lustre Laminate (both popular and personal preference)
- Smooth Fine Art Paper: Epson Hot Press Bright White seems to be most popular, Hahnemuhle Photo Rag is my personal preference
- Textured Fine Art Paper: Hahnemuhle Torchon is our only option in ASF, but it's a fantastic paper
- Metal Print: high gloss white base is most popular, mid-gloss white base is my preference
- Watercolor Fine Art Paper - Epson Cold Press Bright White seems to be most popular and is a personal preference
Graphik Dimensions Recommendations:
- Photo Paper: gloss or semi-gloss or luster(epson premium glossy or mitsubishi luster)
- Canvas: Breathing color muse 3460
- Smooth Fine Art Paper: kodak smooth fine art
- Watercolor Fine Art Paper: breathing color 600MT
- Metal Print: White Gloss (Graphik Printworks White Gloss)
- Acrylic and wood are only suitable for some types of art so not everyone decides to use those mediums, but since there is only 1 type of each, there is no recommendation needed
- I don’t see sliders for media types on my site.
- If you aren’t seeing these sliders, you may be on the wrong tab or you may not be connected to a fulfillment vendor. First, try making sure you’re on the tab labeled media.
- If you are on the media tab, scroll down and see if you have the sliders. If you don’t, you aren’t connected to a vendor. Email firstname.lastname@example.org and they’ll be able to resolve this for you.
- My changes to the sliders won’t save.
- You likely need to use an approved browser. If you’re using anything other than Firefox or Chrome, you should stop and use either Chrome or Firefox.
- If you’re using an approved browser, you may need to clear your cache. Check out how to clear the cache by using the article on How To: Clear your Cache.
What do I do next?
Now that you’ve selected which media types you will and won’t offer, you’re going to want to continue to Style Finishes. Style Finishes are options like whether a print is matted or ready to hang. These will be offered to you by your vendor and to learn more, please check out How To: Enable or Disable Style Finishes in an Art Print Store.