Because you're connected to a Fulfillment Vendor, it's going to be important for you the review the offered mediums on your site and decide which ones fit your brand and aesthetic. In the video below, we'll walk you through how to turn mediums on or off.
Art Storefronts Recommendation:We suggest launching your site with 3-5 medium types enabled:
- 1x Fine Art Paper
- 1x Canvas Gallery Wrap
- 1x Metal Print
- (optional) 1x Acrylic (as an aspirational/high-end print option)
- (optional) 1x Photo Paper (as a budget print option)
Bay Photo Media Recommendations:
These come from Bay staff - you don't need to use all of these, just enough to meet the 3-5 medium recommendations.
- Photo Paper: Kodak Endura Lustre (both popular and personal preference)
- Canvas: Lustre Laminate (both popular and personal preference)
- Smooth Fine Art Paper: Epson Hot Press Bright White seems to be most popular, Hahnemuhle Photo Rag is my personal preference
- Textured Fine Art Paper: Hahnemuhle Torchon is our only option in ASF, but it's a fantastic paper
- Metal Print: high gloss white base is most popular, mid-gloss white base is my preference
- Watercolor Fine Art Paper - Epson Cold Press Bright White seems to be most popular and is a personal preference
Graphik Dimensions Recommendations:
- Photo Paper: gloss or semi-gloss or luster(epson premium glossy or mitsubishi luster)
- Canvas: Breathing color muse 3460
- Smooth Fine Art Paper: kodak smooth fine art
- Watercolor Fine Art Paper: breathing color 600MT
- Metal Print: White Gloss (Graphik Printworks White Gloss)
- Acrylic and wood are only suitable for some types of art so not everyone decides to use those mediums, but since there is only 1 type of each, there is no recommendation needed
What do I do next?
Now that you've decided on the mediums that you'd like to offer, you can move on to choosing which Style Finishes you want to offer on your site. To learn more about this, check out our article How To: Enable or Disable Style Finishes in an Art Print Store.
As an Artist using Automated Fulfillment on Art Storefronts, your Fulfillment Vendor provides you several different mediums for use in your Art Print Store. These mediums can range from paper, to canvas, wood, metal, acrylic and almost everything in between. While variety is the spice of life, the number of options being offered to you may be overwhelming and your customers may also feel overwhelmed by the sheer number of unfiltered options. So, here, we're going to show you how to turn media types on or off in your Art Print Store and we’ll offer some troubleshooting steps if you encounter issues editing these options.