At this point you should have selected which mediums you want to offer on your site. To go along with that, and offer a larger range of options to you over how you control your site, you can choose to offer or not offer specific Style Finishes. Below, we'll show you how to turn Style Finishes on or off.
What do I do next?
Now that you've settled on the style finishes you do and don't want to offer, you're going to want to do the same for your frames. For more information, check out our article How To: Enable and Disable Frames in an Art Print Store.
As an Artist using Automated Fulfillment on Art Storefronts, your Fulfillment Vendor provides you several different Style Finishes for use in your Art Print Store. These finishes are entirely dependent on your vendor and could be anything like a matting option to whether a print has a beveled edge.
While variety is the spice of life, the number of options being offered may be overwhelming. Your customers may feel the same way. Here, we are going to show you how to turn Style Finishes on or off in your Art Print Store and we’ll offer some troubleshooting steps if you encounter issues editing these options.
Enable/Disable Style Finishes
- Make sure you are logged in to your Site Manager. The Site Manager can also be referred to as the Back-End or the Control Panel. When you are sure you are logged in, find the section labeled Art Print Store. By default, this is named Warehouse. Click on this.
- Find the tab labeled Styles and make sure it is selected.
- The first option that shows up is the Default Canvas Wrap Border Color. This allows you to choose and lock the canvas wrap border color for your canvas prints, stopping your customers from choosing their own color. To choose the default color, click the drop down menu under Default Canvas Wrap Border Color. To toggle if it is locked, use the toggle switch under Locked.
- Scroll down the page and you will see a list of all the Style Finishes offered to you by your Fulfillment Vendor. Each has a slider that can be set to On or Off. If set to On, that media type will be available on your website. If it’s set to Off the media type will not be available on your website.
Art Storefronts Recommendation: Sometimes your Fulfillment Vendor will offer many different Style Finishes to you. While a wide selection is great, you may want to pop into Small Wins and ask what other members are doing because too many options can spoil people for choice and make choosing a Style Finish much more difficult for potential customers.
- After you’ve selected which Style Finishes to turn On or Off, be sure you click the Save. DO NOT CLICK THE BACK BUTTON BECAUSE ALL THE WORK YOU COMPLETED WILL NOT SAVE.
- I don’t see sliders for Style Finishes on my site.
- If you aren’t seeing these sliders, you may be on the wrong tab or you may not be connected to a fulfillment vendor. First, try making sure you’re on the tab labeled Styles.
- If you are on the Styles tab, scroll down and see if you have the sliders. If you don’t, you aren’t connected to a vendor. Email email@example.com and they’ll be able to resolve this for you.
- My changes to the sliders won’t save.
- You likely need to use an approved browser. If you’re using anything other than Firefox or Chrome, you should stop and use either Chrome or Firefox.
- If you’re using an approved browser, you may need to clear your cache. Check out how to clear the cache by using the article on How To: Clear your Cache.
What do I do next?
Now that you’ve selected which Style Finishes you will and won’t offer, you’re going to want to continue to Frames. These will be offered to you by your vendor and to learn more, please check out How To: Enable or Disable Frames in an Art Print Store.