What do I do next?
Now that you have your business information set up, you should move on to setting up your Payment Gateway. This is a crucial step in setting up your site because it lets you accept payments on your site. For more information check out How To: Enable a Payment Gateway.
As you get closer and closer to getting your website launched, there are going to be some smaller things you need to take care of. One of those things is entering your business information.
Business Information is used for all outgoing order emails. It provides your website a level of credibility and makes your brand more trustworthy. Having said all of that, though, you should be sure that when you enter your business information it isn’t your home address unless that is the base of operation for your business and you are comfortable providing it.
This is a quite simple process and shouldn’t take you any more than a couple of minutes.
Enter Business Information
- To get started, make sure that you are logged in to your SITE MANAGER.
When you’re sure you’re logged in, you need to find the section labeled SITE SETTINGS at the top of the page.
- Scroll down to the section titled Email for Support. You need to put in an email that you use often. This email will go on your order receipts to customers. It will also be the email used as the "from" email, to send out order emails. Therefore, you may want to use something like email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you'd like to add a name to the "from" email, your format should be as follows:
Art Storefronts <email@example.com>
- The next field you need to fill out is Order Emails Should Go To. Here, you can enter multiple email addresses, separated by comma (i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org). Each email address listed here will receive an email whenever an order is placed. The email will contain all order details and is the same email that the customer receives.
- Now, you can go through and fill out the Business Name, Address and Phone number for your business. All these items will appear on the outgoing order email.
- When you’re satisfied with the information you have entered, click Save. DO NOT click the back button because you will lose all the work you just completed.
- My page won’t save properly.
- You may need to use an approved browser. If you’re using anything other than Firefox or Chrome, you should stop and use either Chrome or Firefox.
- If you’re using an approved browser, you may need to clear your cache. Check out how to clear the cache by using the article on How To: Clear your Cache.
What do I do next?
Now that your business information has been entered, you’re ready to move forward with setting up the Payment Gateway. Payment Gateways are important because they’re what allow you to accept payments from your customers. Essentially, this is how you’re going to get money into your bank account for sales on your site. To make it easy on you, Art Storefronts is going to suggest using Stripe. If you’d like more information, check out the article How To: Enable a Payment Gateway.