As you get closer and closer to getting your website launched, there are going to be some smaller things you need to take care of. One of those things is entering your business information.
Business Information is used for all outgoing order emails. It provides your website a level of credibility and makes your brand more trustworthy.
This is a quite simple process and shouldn’t take you any more than a couple of minutes.
Enter Business Information
- To get started, make sure that you are logged in to your SITE MANAGER.
When you’re sure you’re logged in, you need to find the section labeled SITE SETTINGS at the top of the page.
- Select the INFO tab.
- Scroll down to the section titled Email for Support. You need to put in an email that you use often. This email will go on your order receipts to customers. It will also be the email used as the "from" email, to send out order emails. Therefore, you may want to use something like firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
If you'd like to add a name to the "from" email, your format should be as follows:
Art Storefronts <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Note: You should only enter one email address into this field. Adding more than one can prevent you from receiving notifications from your site.
Please be advised, some email providers (Yahoo, Hotmail, or AOL) are considered as incompatible with your "Email for Support" field. The platform uses this email to send out a number of emails from your account. This will range from newsletters, contacts, orders and purchases. Before you take your site live you will need to switch to a different host for your email address in your ASF Account and your "Email for Support" address on the Info tab in your Site Settings, as your email provider has issues delivering emails from our system. If you attempt to launch using this email address, you will not receive any system-generated emails such as notifications from contact pages or confirmations of orders being placed on your site.
- The next field you need to fill out is Order Emails Should Go To. Here, you can enter multiple email addresses, separated by comma (i.e. email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com). Each email address listed here will receive an email whenever an order is placed. The email will contain all order details and is the same email that the customer receives.
- Now, you can go through and fill out the Business Name, Address and Phone number for your business. All these items will appear on the outgoing order email.
- When you’re satisfied with the information you have entered, click Save. If you don’t click save, you will lose all your hard work.
- My page won’t save properly.
- You may need to use an approved browser. If you’re using anything other than Firefox or Chrome, you should stop and use either Chrome or Firefox.
- If you’re using an approved browser, you may need to clear your cache. Check out how to clear the cache by using the article on How To: Clear your Cache.
What do I do next?
Now that you have your business information set up, you should move on to uploading your first image in your Art Print Store. This is a valuable step in setting up your site because it allows you to add products to your site. For more information check out How To: Add Images to your Art Print Store.