THIS IS NOT AN OPTIONAL STEP. DO NOT SKIP IT. DO NOT THINK THINGS ARE PERFECT. RUN A TEST TRANSACTION. IF YOU FOLLOW THESE STEPS EXACTLY, YOU WILL NOT BE CHARGED A TRANSACTION FEE ON THE ORDER AND YOU WILL ONLY BE CHARGED A DOLLAR.
What do I do next?
When you're sure that you were able to accept and process a payment properly, you can move on to setting up your taxes. For more information on enabling a tax method, check out our article How To: Enable a State Wide Tax Method.
Before you begin to think about taking your site live, you should absolutely run a test transaction. Running a test transaction on your website will tell you whether you have your payment gateway set up properly or not. It’s going to let you know if there’s an error, and as a business owner, you would much rather discover that than wait for a potential customer to discover it.
There are only a few things you’re going to need to complete this process and it should take you about five minutes if all goes well.
Run Test Transaction
- Make sure you are logged in to your Art Storefronts Control Panel. This is sometimes referred to as the back-end of the site or the Site Manager. Either way, all three mean the same, exact thing.
When you’re sure you’re logged in and in the right place, click on the button at the top titled SITE SETTINGS.
Please Note: This process will only work for Stripe and net. It does not work for PayPal.
- Now, before you move forward, you need to find the tab titled SHOPPING CART. If you don’t click on the SHOPPING CART tab, you’re not going to be able to follow this process and you won’t be able to run the test transaction.
- After you’re sure you’ve clicked on the right tab, scroll down and you should see a button labeled RUN A TEST TRANSACTION. Click on that button.
- A pop-up is going to appear and you’re going to need to go through each field and fill it out with your credit card information.
- Finish up the pop-up form and click on Attempt Charge.
Please Note: This will attempt to charge your credit card for $1, to make sure your merchant account is able to accept transactions. After this charge is made, you should be able to login to your merchant account and refund the transaction if you wish. If the charge goes through, all will be well. If it does not, you will receive a message saying it was declined and you should review your Merchant information.
- I got an error message when I attempted my charge.
- Double check your Payment Gateway credentials. If they aren’t correct, the charge won’t go through.
- Make sure your card number was entered properly. If it wasn’t it won’t go through.
- The pop-up where I can enter my card information isn’t popping up.
- You may need to use an approved browser. If you’re using anything other than Firefox or Chrome, you should stop and use either Chrome or Firefox.
- If you’re using an approved browser, you may need to clear your cache. Check out how to clear the cache by using the article on How To: Clear your Cache.
What do I do next?
Once your test transaction has been run and you’re sure it’s gone through, it’s time to move on and start thinking about your taxes. Depending on where you live and what your laws are, you may need to set up your tax methods. Art Storefronts can’t tell you what you should set up for your taxes, but we can show you how. To learn more, check out the article How To: Enable a Tax Method.