If you are looking for more ways to get the coupon code from the lead capture tool to your customer, you can do so by providing the code in the Instant Confirmation message section of the tool. It will require a small bit of code, but Art Storefronts has provided that code below.
What do I do next?
Now that you've completed the set up for your Lead Capture Tool, you can look into creating a sign-up form for use at Art Fairs or Shows or any time you are out and about trying to sell your Art. It's an easy way to obtain more subscribers to your newsletter and saves you the trouble of having people write them down and then manually entering them in later. If you're like more information about this, check out How To: Create an Email Sign Up Form for Tradeshows and Exhibitions.
If you have the Lead Capture Tool implemented on your website, but you’re looking for a way to keep people on the site instead of navigating to their email to get their coupon code, you may want to investigate providing the coupon code in the confirmation message of the Lead Capture Tool.
Effectively, a customer will come to your website and they’re going to enter an email address into your Lead Capture Tool. Then, after they hit the submit button, instead of having to wait for an email to be sent to them, they receive the coupon code in the confirmation message. This keeps them on your site. It gives them the coupon right away and it entices them to use it right away.
Table of Contents
Editing the Instant Confirmation Message
- Make sure you are logged in to your Art Storefronts Control Panel. This is sometimes called the Site Manager or even the back-end of the site. These three terms are all used interchangeably.
When you’re sure you’re in the right place, scroll down the page and find the page you use for your Lead Capture Tool. The name of the default page ASF provides is Newsletter Sign-Up, but you may have changed it. Either way, click on the Form page that you’re using for your Lead Capture Tool.
- The next page is going to load up and before you move forward, you need to click on the tab labeled INFO. If you don’t click on the INFO tab you won’t be able to complete this process.
- Scroll down the page to the section titled Instant Confirmation Message Text and, in the box, you need to enter in the following code:
<p><span style="color:#00FF00; font-size: 1em;">Success! </span> Use the Code <b>FIRST20</b> to get 20% at checkout!</p>
- After you’re sure that all the information added into the box is correct, click the Save. DO NOT CLICK THE BACK BUTTON. If you click back the change you made won’t save.
- My page won’t save.
- You likely need to use an approved browser. If you’re using anything other than Firefox or Chrome, you should stop and use either Chrome or Firefox.
- If you’re using an approved browser, you may need to clear your cache. Check out how to clear the cache by using the article on How To: Clear your Cache.
What do I do next?
Congratulations of making your site look even more professional and put together. Honestly, at this point, you’re going to want to start working heavily on your marketing. To gather these leads, you need to drive traffic to your site. If you’re an Artist, pop over to Small Wins and start checking out some of the megathreads there. They’ll help you get started!