This page is used to display products on your live site, based on the "Search Keywords" you enter in when editing a specific product. A given product will only show up on this page if the keyword added to the "Keywords" field exactly matches the "Search keyword" entered in when editing that specific product.
- First, make sure you are logged in to your Art Storefronts Control Panel. This is sometimes called the back-end of the site or the Site Manager. All three mean the same exact thing. When you’re sure you’re logged in, click on the button labeled +ADD PAGE. We need to create Product Gallery pages for each of the categories we want to display on the home page.
Art Storefronts Recommendation: Before you begin this process, you should have created your home page and entered in the name of the categories you want on the Home Page. If you haven’t created your home page, you should review our article How To: Create Product Galleries Using Keywords as Clickable Categories.
- A new page will pop-up and the first section available is labeled as Name. In this box you want to name this category the same thing as one of the Keywords you entered on your home page. For example, we have a category on the home page titled Best-Sellers, so the name of this page should be Best Sellers without the hyphen.
Please Note: It is incredibly important that these Product Galleries you are creating to have the same name as the categories on the home page. It’s important because the Smart URL of the pages you are creating must match the keywords. We’ll dig deeper into this shortly.
- Next, you should see Type of Page and in the Type of Page section make sure you select Product Gallery.
- Click the button labeled CREATE.
- On the new page that loads, you’ll see several different options. Find the section labeled ADVANCED and make sure the option called Products by Keywords is selected.
- Click the CREATE.
- Before going any further, on the new page, make sure you are on the tab labeled INFO.
- Once you’re sure you’re on the correct tab, scroll down to the section labeled Keywords. In this field, you should enter in the EXACT SAME KEYWORD that you entered in on your home page. For example, on my home page, I have a category titled Best Sellers, so its Keyword is Best-Sellers. So, on this page, the Keyword should be Best-Sellers as well.
Please Note: If you have Keywords that contain more than one word, you will need to replace the space with a hyphen. In this box, we would enter the Keyword as best-sellers.
- When you’ve entered the Keyword, you need to scroll up the page, find the tab labeled SEO OPTIONS and click on it.
- On the SEO OPTIONS page, find the section labeled Smart URL. In this box, the name you see should EXACTLY MATCH the Keyword you used on your home page.
Please Note: If you see the Smart URL is the same Keyword as the one on the home page, but it has a random string of numbers and letters on the end, it means the Smart URL is being used elsewhere. You need to find where it is being used (likely in your Art Print Store) and change it there before you can set this to the appropriate URL.
- After you’ve completed this, click the Save.
Warning: DO NOT click the Back button. IF YOU CLICK ANY BUTTON OTHER THAN SAVE YOU WILL LOSE THE WORK YOU DID AND WILL HAVE TO REDO IT.
- When you’re sure you’ve saved the page, you need to scroll up and click on the button labeled PAGES. The reason being, you now need to begin tagging your images with the appropriate Keywords.
- Before we begin tagging images, drag and drop the page titled Best Sellers and nest it underneath your home page which should be titled Shop Art. This will create a drop-down menu on your live site.
- After you’ve nested the category, click on your Art Print Store, which should be titled Warehouse. This is the storage area where all your images are uploaded.
- You need to make sure you are on the tab labeled PRODUCTS before you progress.
- Scroll down the page until you see the image you want to add Keywords to and click on the button labeled Edit.
- Make sure you’re on the tab labeled Info.
- Scroll down until you see the box titles Search Keywords. In this box, you need to enter in the EXACT same Keyword you entered in on your Product Gallery. For instance, the image we have pulled up is a best seller, so we are going to tag it as Best-Sellers.
Please Note: If you want this image to appear in multiple categories, you can add multiple, different Keywords to this field if they are separated by a comma.
For example: Best-Sellers, Landscapes, Animals
- Click the Save.
- You will need to complete steps 1-19 for each category listed on your home page.
- When you’ve created all the Product Galleries you need, click on View Live Site, because we want to make sure the categories are working.
- You will be taken to your home page where you can click on any of the categories.
- When the category loads, if it shows all the images you tagged, it is working properly.