This type of page should be used as the homepage of your site. Once this page is created, you will be able to hand pick which Product Gallery pages you would like to show up as "clickable categories" on this page. A "clickable category" contains a cover image and a label such as "Beaches” and is just something your visitors can click on to take them to a different Product Gallery page that contains those images.
Ideally, this page will display all the main subject matter categories of images that you have (i.e. "Beaches", "Horses", etc).
Before you get started on this process, you really need to make sure you have already created Product Galleries with Specific Products from Store Pages. If you haven’t completed that step, this process won’t make the most sense. If you want or need more information on the previously mentioned process, check out our article How To: Create Product Galleries with Specific Products from My Store Pages.
- Make sure you are logged in to your Art Storefronts Control Panel. Sometimes this is referred to as the back-end of the site or the Site Manager. All three mean the exact same thing. When you’re sure you’re logged in, find the button labeled +ADD PAGE. You need to create a new Product Gallery page for use as your home page.
- A new page is going to pop-up and the first item on the page is labeled Name. Here, you need to enter in a name for your page and keep in mind that your customer will see this.
Art Storefronts Recommendation: We strongly suggest you name this page something like Shop Art. The reason we suggest this instead of Home is because Shop Art is a call to action. It tells your customer everything they’re going to need to know about where they can buy art on your site. It’s best if you follow our suggestion.
- The next section is Type of Page. Here you need to select the Product Gallery If you recall, we used this option to create our galleries where we put specific images; however, the Product Gallery page type offers several different options to you and depending on the option you pick you will receive different results. In step 5, we’ll specify the type of Product Gallery you need to use to make this process as smooth as possible.
- After you’ve made sure you have selected all the appropriate options here, click the CREATE.
- Another new page will load and it’s going to offer you several different options. First, you need to find the section labeled RECOMMENDED. When you’ve found that section, select the option titled Product Gallery Pages as Clickable Categories. This will set you up to create a Product Gallery that can be used as your home page, which is currently the goal.
- Click on the button labeled CREATE.
- The new page that loads is your Product Gallery page that will be used as the home page. Before you progress, make sure you are on the tab labeled INFO.
- Now, scroll down until you see a section titled Display These Product Gallery Pages as Categories. Beneath it you will see all the Product Gallery Pages you previously created. Put an X in the box next to each on you want to appear on your home page on the live site.
- Click the SAVE.
Warning: DO NOT click the back button. IF YOU CLICK THE BACK BUTTON, THE WORK YOU JUST COMPLETED WILL NOT SAVE AND YOU WILL HAVE TO REDO IT.
- After the page has saved, scroll back to the top and find the tab titled SORTING. You’re going to want to click on this because it will allow you to put the categories in whatever order you would like on the home page.
- Drag and drop the Categories into any order you like. This page will Auto-Save, so there’s no need to click the save button.
- Before we check out what this looks like on the live site, find the button named PAGES and click on it.
- Scroll down to the bottom of your page list and find the page titled Shop Art you just created. If you hover over it an option titled Make Home Page Click on this because we want to make this Product Gallery your home page.
- Drag the Shop Art page to the top of the page list. We want to do this because this makes it appear as the first item in your navigation bar on the live site.
- Then, drag and drop the other Product Galleries you previously created and nest them under the Shop Art This is going to create a drop-down menu on your live site.
- After that has been completed, click on the View Live Site.
- Review your home page and make sure everything is appearing properly. If everything looks good, congratulations! Your home page set-up is complete.