Because of the way the Art Storefronts payment system works, you are generally charged immediately for the order that is placed on your site and the transaction fees on the site. Because of this, you must be sure that you have the funds to cover the costs of your prints upfront. To learn more about how payments are handled, we strongly advise you to review Everything You Need to Know About the Fulfillment Set-Up Process for Artists- specifically the section labeled How Payments are Handled. If you are unable to do so, this article is for you.
- Make sure you are logged in to the Site Manager. Find the tab labeled INFO & SETTINGS and click on it.
- You’ll be taken to a new page, but before you progress any further, you need to make sure you’re on the tab labeled INFO. If you aren’t on the tab labeled INFO, you won’t see any of the options we are discussing, and you won’t be able to complete this process.
- When you’re sure you’re on the correct tab, scroll down until you see a section titled Number of Days to Delay Charges for Vendor Order. There you’ll have a drop-down menu where you can select how long to delay the order. After you receive an order that requires fulfillment, setting this field will delay the creation of a vendor order by, at the minimum, the specified period. Once this period has elapsed, the process will enter the current queue of orders being processed by Art Storefronts. This will allow you to collect the funds from the sale you made before you must pay the fulfillment costs for the order.
Please Note: Please understand that changing this field will only affect future orders that are created. Past orders cannot be changed.
Warning: Do not use this unless you need to delay the creation of your vendor orders until after some period, so that the funds you are bringing in from a sale have a chance to clear into your bank.
- Now, find the section labeled Minimum Order Total Threshold to Delay Vendor Order. If you enter in a number here, only orders that have a total greater or equal to this number will be delayed. All other orders will process as normal.
- After you have selected the number of days to delay an order, click the Save
Warning: Do NOT click the back button. YOU WILL LOSE ALL THE CHANGES YOUR JUST MADE.
- Then, when you receive an order, there will be a note on it saying the payment was delayed for the number of days your previously specified
Please Note: Your orders WILL NOT be sent directly to the Vendor when they are received. Instead the order will be sent when payment for the order has been processed. Please factor this into your shipping time for your customers to avoid any issues.