Since you are going to be selling things like Originals or Limited Editions, it’s going to be important that you have the appropriate type of store page to do that. Your site should already have an Art Print Store, titled Warehouse, on it, but we need to create a store page specifically for Originals and Limited Editions.
These types of Stores are called Standard stores. They are specifically used for things like Originals, Limited Editions, Standard Products (sculptures, coffee table books, t-shirts, etc.) and Panel Art. If you don’t create a Standard Store, Originals and any of the other items mentioned, will not create properly. Please follow the steps here as closely as possible to make sure that you can create this store type.
Create a Standard Store
- Make sure you are logged in to your Art Storefronts Control Panel. This is sometimes called the back-end of the site or even the Site Manager. All three names mean the same thing. When you’re sure you’re logged in, find a tab labeled +ADD PAGE and click on it.
Please Note: You cannot upload your Originals, Limited Editions, Panel Art or Standard Products into an Art Print Store. It will not work properly, so adding this new page in imperative to your success and the overall set-up of your site.
- A new window will pop up with the primary field being labeled Name. Here you’ll want to enter the name Originals Warehouse. We need to make sure this is differentiated from your current Warehouse, so by putting Originals in front of it, it tells you that this warehouse is specifically for things like Originals, Limited Editions, etc.
- Following the Name field, you should see a section labeled Type of Page. Here, find the Store option and put a dot next to it. If you select any other option here, the store won’t create properly, and you won’t be able to follow the rest of this guide and get your originals onto your site.
- When you’re sure that everything is correct in this pop-up window, you can click on the button labeled CREATE. This is going to take you through the process of getting this new store set up correctly.
- The next page is going to offer you a few different options. Select the one that says Standard Store. Like we’ve talked about previously, a Standard Store is the only type of store that will allow you to set-up your Originals, Limited Editions, etc. in the right way. This step is CRUCIAL, so double and triple check yourself here.
- After your double and triple checking is done and you’re sure you’ve selected Standard Store, click on the CREATE.
- That CREATE button will go through and finish creating the Standard Store for you, but you aren’t quite done yet.
Just like the other Warehouse on your site, you want to make sure this one does not show up in the navigation menu. So, on the next page, you’re going to see three secondary tabs. Find the one labeled INFO and click on it.
- The first thing you should see on the INFO tab is a slider that says Appears in Navigation Menu? and it has a slider that can be set to Yes or No. By default, it’s set to Yes, but go ahead and make sure you set it to No.
You don’t need this to appear in your navigation menu because we’re going to show you how to display these images on your home page a little later.
- Finally, click the blue Save. Don’t click back or anything else because your changes will not be saved if you do so.
- I can’t create a new page. When I click the create button, I get an error message.
- If you are getting an error message saying the page can’t be created, you likely haven’t given the page a name. Pages cannot be created without a name, so the system will give you an error message.
- If you aren’t getting an error message and the page just won’t create, you may need to use an approved browser. If you’re using anything other than Firefox or Chrome, you should stop and use either Chrome or Firefox
- If you’re using an approved browser, you may need to clear your cache. Check out how to clear the cache by using the article on How To: Clear your Cache.
What do I do next?
Congratulations! You just created your Standard Store, and this is going to allow you to start selling your Originals, Limited Editions and other Self-Fulfilled items. Right now, you just have the framework created. Next, you’re going to need to start adding products to your Standard Store. To learn how to add products to your Standard Store, please check out the article How To: Upload Originals, Limited Editions, Etc. to a Standard Store.